Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
suzmac

Hello, my quit date is Sunday the 14th of November and i'm looking for buddies. Lois, I too have mental health issues, I have tried to quit many times but always go back by convincing myself that it helps when i'm unwell. I have realised that what really helps is exercise (cycling and walking my dog) and fresh air. These things get neglected as reaching for a cig seems like the 'easier' option. I know it isn't, it has a strangulating effect on my physical and mental health, it makes me more breathless, and panic attacks are worse, and it controls me.I want to be in control of my life and health again. ryman471 I'm also a closet smoker, hiding it from my family, due to guilt that many family members have died of heart problems and cancer. My partner also smokes and is all too happy to give me cigarettes when my willpower weakens.I'm always being told, you can give up easily you've done it before. This convinces me smoking is a choice, and weakens my resolve. Yes I can quit, but I need to stay quit. what is the point in going through withdrawal time after time, punishing myself with deprivation,when i know that if i perservere It will get easier and i can make a permanent change. The first cig of the day is the one i crave the most, it is also the most unpleasant physically, and mentally I tell myself "thats another day i havn't quit" so i can't enjoy it, it just dulls the pangs, and serves no other purpose. This quit has to be the last, one step forward, two steps back is tedious and pointless. I joined this group because i would like to quit with support from people who understand and who have the same objective as me. That is how this quit is going to be different, the resources on this site can help me, i am convinced of that. I have started tracking cigs, and it appears that stress and being around others who smoke are common triggers, but the majority of times i don't need a cigarette, i'm just smoking for the sake of it. Anyone who wants to be my friend will be welcomed with open arms, as we are all in this together.

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Suzanne x

0 Kudos
ryman471

koff, its really scary all the nasty stuff that is put in to cancer sticks, beyond the obvious and reported stuff. stuff i am sure should not be legal. to the others, i am just on day 4, so i am far from any expert on this stuff, but i have attempted many times in the past. what feels different so far with this quit is, i truly want to quit to NEVER smoke in ALL situations. past quits, i had the mind set "a cig here and there wont hurt' or 'when i have a couple drinks, a cig or 2 wont hurt" or 'i will just  be a social smoker'. it doesnt work! its all about getting your mind right and positive thinking and have strong reasons for quitting that you have to constantly keep reminding yourself why you never want to smoke again: my top reasons: 1 - my daughter. 2 - my health 3 - money. make sure to read the guide with an open mind at http://quitsmokingonline.com

0 Kudos
lonster

I had picked the 12th but maybe the 15th is a better day for me because I just started and need to control my triggers and realize my gains from quitting. I hope to meet new people and maybe make a friend or two along the way 🙂

0 Kudos
lois2

I will read quit smoking on line with a open mind, i am still reading, this need to be my last quit, i don't need to keep putting my self threw this, i seen on tv last night about what they want to put on cig. packs, the pricture are awful , , has any one seen it. we will stick to gether and we will be strong, i have set my quit for sunday nov14,

0 Kudos
reggie

High, my name is reggie and i am quitting on the 13th of Nov. I have tried to quit several times this year and am really tired of being a slave to this addiction. My boday has been giving me all the signs to quit, I'm sick of coughing a spitting up nasty stuff and to turn around and smoke after all these signs is highly frustrating when i consider myself a smart enough person to no better. Well I want to overcome this addiction and move on with my life and feel healthy and happy with knowing I have made a great decision to improve my life and do it and never look back no matter hard tough it may get, this is the best decision for me and my life. Good luck to everyone, you can and will become free of nicotine.

0 Kudos
sketter

I am set to quit on November 15th.  Tried a few times before so using this method and sure it will work this time.  I know I will have an uphill battle with having another smoker in the house that refuses to go outside to smoke but I will succeed this time. 

0 Kudos
_m_9

HI Everyone.  I have been on the site but i just now jointed this group.  My quit date was last Sunday November 7, 3:30 p.m.  I have been SMOKE FREE since then.  The first few days were definitely difficutl but wow, what a difference a few days makes.  I am in my sixth day now and it is easier and easier.  I was using the Commit Lozenges, the big ones that take forever to dissolve in your cheek.  I like those becuase they keep your mouth busy and that way there is not as much eating. They also really to do take edge off.  I started out with 3 a day, then went down to 2 and then 1.  Yesterday I did not use any at all.  I had a little hard time in the afternoon but it was okay.  I will definitely use them if I need to without a doubt. 

Good luck to all.  Let's stick together.  This is not an easy thing to do.  Breathing clearly is a beautiful thing!

Mari

0 Kudos
shae4

Yeah let's quit smoking and save money

0 Kudos
shae4

My quit date was 11-12-10 now Im working on my second day feeling good and saving 7.00 a pack so today is my second day Im facing all craving head on

0 Kudos
lois2

i am SO proud of you all , my quit is tomorrow, i am all ready for what it holds, i know it is not a easy . one day at a time,

0 Kudos