Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
cindy16

Hi Sue, I do not work on Monday. I have a few errands. I will be on the computer alot.. Post a message or email if you need to talk. It is easier than you think. Today is day 13 and feeling good.
  Cindy
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Brenda, If you do not know if you want to quit you probaly are not ready. That was me many times. This time I was mentally ready. Quit when you feel secure about it. Do not quit for anyone but yourself. That is the only way you will be successful.
  Cindy
0 Kudos
michael45

Hi Cindy,
  3-4 days before my quit date I smoked a brand that I hated.... I use to smoke camel lights... but the days before I quit I bought some generic ultra light brand... I thought every little thing I could do to be successful was worth it....
  I think it helped a little
  Good Luck!
0 Kudos

im trying to quit im a truck driver i have lozenges and im trying to cope with the cravings when im driving and stop when i can and walk or read a book but i can beat this i know it this time ive been smoking for 16 years
0 Kudos
cindy16

I agree do whatever it takes to quit. I have been smoke free for 13 days. I feel great. Good luck everyone
  Cindy
0 Kudos
deborah-hicks

Day Nine , Cold Turkey 🙂 OMG I feel so much better... am learing how not to smoke... Love it... I wish all of us the very best of luck for stress free and smoke free days.... take care 🙂
0 Kudos
clifford

Congrats Greg and Deb! Day 9!!!! My quit date is Nov 18th! Been smokin for 10 years now.. I'm ready!
0 Kudos
molly9

Today is my quit date...so far, so good! I'm using the patch, and I feel a little edgy. Trying to stay busy. From my past attempts to quit, I know I usually have an easier time the first day than the second and the third...any tips to help me through the next couple of days?? I'm totally mentally ready to quit this time, and I've prepared...but the first few days is a little daunting! Tips appreciated! 🙂
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi Molly, I carry a water bottle around with me. Seems to give me something to do. Try to keep buys the next few day and sleep if you need too. Stay strong and remember each craving is a really short period of time. I kind of get a rush from beating the cravings. Today is day 14 for me. I feel really secure in my quit. Post a message or email if you need to talk. We are here for you.
  Cindy
0 Kudos
cram-cracker

Hi all, day 4 for me and feels like at least 4 months. Feel pretty good about it so far. Nice to breath again. Nice to have fresh smelling cloths and clean smelling hair when I go to bed. I use the commit lozenge, any coments on that (good or bad). Mornings with coffee are tough for me, very tough.
0 Kudos