Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
clifford

Melissa i'd love to know how ur feeling right now on ur 1st day!! OMG i'm pretty sure i'm going to be a mess on the 18th!!!
0 Kudos
sheryl2

I hope that everyone is doing well with their quit smoking routine and for the ones that have quit.....bravo and the ones who have set a date in the future, keep up the good work. I am in Day 8 of Champix (called this in Canada) but really is Chantix in the states. I cut my smoking in half when I first started and now I am done to a third. I must admit the cigarettes are not tasting very well now and it is much easier not to smoke. My target date is Nov 15th and I am praying that I am more cut back by then. I realized the computer and playing games in front of it are a big trigger so trying to stay away from the computer. Good luck everyone.
  Sheryl
0 Kudos
melissa59

im doing ok yesterday wasnt as bad as today, i think today is hard becasue im alone my fiance is working at his house so i have to distract myself so im chewing on straws and staying online, my head feels funning and im alil emotional but im determined to make it! tommrow will be the test though because it will be my first day at work as a non smoker and i always smoke when im stressed there. wish me luck!
0 Kudos
pockets

Hi Novembies. I just want to give a shout out to everyone in this group, the ones who have quit, are working on quitting and the ones who struggle with relapses (me, oh poo). Everyone on this site and in this group is so supportive, I have never been on one that has been so. Others that I have been on have been very condemning when someone relapses, believe me that is not what one needs when they are really trying (we are the HARDEST on ourselves right). I am not scared to admit that I have falling and have received so much encouragement for getting back in the saddle. Thanks all for being there for me and for each other, happy Sunday!!!!
0 Kudos
mollie

Today has been good day 2, hi all november quitters. I need to watch out for day 3 cause that is when I fail and I dont want to fail again. so wish me luck on day 3. I will post tomorrow and tell you how I did
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Good luck Mollie. You can do it. I will need your encouragement next week.
0 Kudos
mary45

Just set my quit date for November 25th. This is probably the hardest ideal to live with it has become such a part of my life. I am done though and can't wait to look back on this and see how far I have come.
0 Kudos
melissa59

im on day 3 and if I can make it through today ill be so proud of myself!
0 Kudos
sheryl2

Dewayne, I feel the same way you do. I am quitting on Saturday and the closer it gets, the more afraid I am. I have cut back drastically since starting Chantix a week ago and am proud I am only smoking 1/4 of what I used to smoke. I am planning on listening to some relax CD's I got from a hypnotist the last time I quit starting today to keep me from becoming over anxious. I wish you luck and to everyone else.
0 Kudos
shanna_r

Today is my 1 week smoke free anniversary! When I got to work my boss was clapping and gave me a hug (she was a smoker for 30 years and just quit 2 years ago) Good job, Melissa! Day 3 was the hardest for me & I know you'll get through it. 😃 And thanks Michael and everyone else for your support!
0 Kudos