Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
cheryl14

HEY POCKETS!NO MORE STINK IS RIGHT. I'M SO TIRED OF BEING EMBARASSED ABOUT THAT. YOU WERE SMART TO JOIN THE GROUP. JUST READING WHAT OTHERS SAY HELPS SO MUCH. WHEN YOU HEAR ABOUT SOMEONE'S GOOD DAY MAKES YOU WANT TO TRY HARDER. WE ALL NEED HELP & WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. SO HANG IN THERE I'M SENDING ALL THE LUCK I HAVE.
0 Kudos
dan4

I quit today im exited and scared iv'e read some of your coments and I see how it is for you aswell.
0 Kudos
vanessa4

My biggest challenges is learning not to smoke when on GNO's (girls night out) and clubbing in general. I don't go partying all the time but when I do any attempts to quit become laughable. My quit date is set for November 7th. After tonight I will not be partying for an entire month. In addition, tonight I'm going to try not to have more than 1 light drink. The rest of the night I should drink cranberry juice. This way that urge that I get to smoke like crazy after I have one drink won't be there. And my goal is to stay on the dancefloor when my friends go out for a smoke.
0 Kudos

Successful quit my smoking in last 4 hrs. I wish this support group will strenthen my will
0 Kudos

Happy to say that I stopped myself in buying a pack despite my urges as of now
0 Kudos
julied

I've stopped smoking one day at a time. Had my last smoke at around 6pm yesterday and didn't buy any more. I've little desire to smoke, the nicotine withdrawal is a bit intense but I can get through it. I've decided not to use the patch or gum this time. I don't feel any different without it, I remember last time I quit I used the patch and still felt nicotine withdrawal. So what's the point of using it? Perhaps I'll do better cold turkey. I bought Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking". It makes a lot of sense.
0 Kudos
meredith4

I'll be quitting next Monday the 10th. Getting nervous and trying to remember that I am in my "weeing" phase...
0 Kudos
diane14

I plan to quit smoking 11-4-08. Am very nervous, because I tried before and failed. Recently had a heart attack. Need to quit smoking because of that but also because I really want to this time. Help from anyone will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
michael45

day 2 is over... on to day 3... one day at a time... I pray I can make it to 3,000.... Chantix has been a big help! I have not been fully tested yet since I have not come in contact with smokers and Cigs... I am very worried that I may try just one if I get near them... so I may just be skipping a lot of work this week until I get past the 7 day itch....

Its the hardest thing I have ever done... I was a hard core smoker... But other people do it.. so I can too... Plus I want to live long enough to see my 14 year old get married and have grandchildren....

good luck to all
0 Kudos
jacob-walters

Today is my first day without smoking and it has been okay but haven't been around anyone who was smoking tomorrow is going to be bad I think I'll be around smoking all day. I wish everyone the best of luck.
0 Kudos