Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
linda10

I have decided Novemberr 9th is the day! Wish me luck....
0 Kudos
trica

Thanks! The halloween candy sure is coming in handy. I nearly had a wreck this morning on my way to a Teacher's Conf. There's two obstacles I overcame this morning. I feel like I'm on an obstacle course! I started thinking "know your triggers" "protect the quit" "can't have just one" It helped!
0 Kudos
mike67

I wish everyone the best of luck this month. I know it's not going to be easy but it will be better off in the long run. My quit date is November 12. I have been taking Wellbutrin for about 5 days now and they tell you once you start to take it, you must cut back for two weeks. Once that two weeks is up you must stop. So far I'm doing well and cut back drastically. I use to smoke a pack a day and just from taking Wellbutrin for 5 days I cut back to about 7. They are starting to taste bad and once I have one or two puffs, I say to myself "why am I smoking this" and then put it out. I am getting very confident in doing this which is what I need. Wellbutrin is actually used to treat depression and as far as I know, I do not have issues with depression. What's nice is that Wellbutrin is covered under insurance and I paid about $8.00 for a six week supply. I tried Chantix a few years ago and that was not covered and rather expensive; Not to mention the side affects that came with that..the dreams or nightmares were pretty intense and I'll leave it at that. I would just like to say I highly recommend Wellbutrin as it's doing well for me so far. I have no side affects at this point.
shaoline

I have decided to quit on 15Th november ... went down to 3 and a 1/2 today from 12-15 per day ... hope I can quit and stick to my decision 15th onwards .. Its my first serious attempt ... Wish me luck and Best of luck to you all!!
0 Kudos
webslave

Jeff, I'm awaiting for my Chatix,,probably get it in December. Google for info on side effects etc.
  Using patches now to continue cutting back, working on triggers still. Just when I'm on the computer it seems to be my biggest trigger. I tend to chain smoke while putering but other times, literally don't smoke !! All the best to yall quitters !!
0 Kudos
marcy

Nov 1 - only smoked 1 1/2 cigs all day. yesterday had 1 hit off cig. lets see what today brings. using patch. put on halloween nite. this is my third attempt with patch. any advice is greatly appreciated! this attempt does seem to be a little easier.
0 Kudos
david-d

Greetings,

Am now on the way to completing the second day of the quit. Yes, the urges are fierce. But so far, so good. Lot's of water, deep breathing, calls from and to friends and, of course, the support found here helped me make it through.

Life is so different without cigarettes. Of course it's all a novelty and that will wear off. Hard to tell if it's all due to Chantix but I'm remarkably calm.

Best of luck to all.

David
0 Kudos
jeff-jones

it gets better i had phnomoniia almost died once so it makes it a lil easier to quit but one day at a time
0 Kudos
brian-kennedy

November 30th. Moving out of my apartment and back home with my parents for a few months to save some money.
  Also returning to school, getting back in shape for the lady i want to spend the rest of my life with.
0 Kudos
trica

Day two for me too.
0 Kudos