cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

No Man's Land Weekly Check In – 4/9/2018 - Do you have 30-130 DOF?

NML - No Man's Land

I see some new faces in the EX Community!  Don't be shy.  Let us know you are reading and watching.  

We have this discussion every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in NML, basically months 2-3-4 of a quit.  Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!  This discussion is also for anyone in-between NML and the 6% Club (1 year quit) and anyone else who wants to post and offer support!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us!  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the The Daily Pledge March 2018

This week’s topic: Keeping your Quit Precious

How do you keep your quit precious?  How do you ensure this is your forever quit?  Your experiences, strengths, and hopes may help someone else.

I wrote https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/rollercoaster831/blog/2017/10/10/not-getting-caught-in-nml...‌ and go back to re-read it often.  That is what helps me keep my quit precious. 

ENJOY the journey through NML! 

In No Man’s Land, you’ve come a long way, but still have a long way to go. The routine cravings are gone but the surprise cravings can knock you to your knees. Your family and friends think you should be “over it” while you still feel quite fragile sometimes. Your relationships with smoking friends/family may be feeling strained. Your inner junkie is still around, still whispering to you, and the temptation to give in can be every bit as strong as it was in your first few days.

But here’s the good news. In these same 100 days, for most people, your circulation has improved substantially, walking has become easier, and your overall lung function has increased noticeably. Sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath have decreased. Your body's overall energy has increased. The roller coaster is smoothing out, and you are feeling calmer and stronger overall. Good things are happening! (Courtesy of SarahP)

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search...

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

49 Replies
Barb102

I like this Bonnie!  Day 111. And fighting through some issues. Be gone the thoughts. NOPE

Barb

cat52

I am still here- I have made it to 116 days! I never could have gotten to this point without support from many of you in my early days. Thank you!! Cathy

Very Good!

Onward and Upward!

MichelleDiane

Okay all.  I guess I have officially entered NML.  I'm holding onto my reigns.  Here we go

0 Kudos
Barb102

We can do this together! We quit together and we will get through NML together.

Barb

0 Kudos
Barb102

Happy to say still riding with you on day 120. It has its moments but I’m staying the course. I keep reminding myself how I don’t know how I got through the first days/weeks. I know one thing , I’m never going back to starting over. I can’t. I won’t. That keeps me going  Noticing that the craves not lasting as long. Everyone have a great smoke free weekend     

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I'm still here also, thanks to all of you.   

66DOF

Hang in there.    Tmw is 120 days on this journey that took a lifetime to fet here.  Also my bday, totally accidental.   We are so busy days just blend into 1 another.   Fatigue still problem for me.    BP is better.   Nedical appt was rescheduled by clinic for 21st   Family get together this wknd. Hubbies sister is 80.  Using phone. Hard to type.  Take care everyone.  Having trouble just keeping up around here.  Prairie 120 DOF 

Barb102

I’m supposed to be out of NML but it’s not a precise number. It’s an estimate. 138 I’m still here and NOPE

Barb

Have you had any days where you didn't think of smoking?