cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

No Man's Land Weekly Check In – 4/9/2018 - Do you have 30-130 DOF?

NML - No Man's Land

I see some new faces in the EX Community!  Don't be shy.  Let us know you are reading and watching.  

We have this discussion every Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in NML, basically months 2-3-4 of a quit.  Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!  This discussion is also for anyone in-between NML and the 6% Club (1 year quit) and anyone else who wants to post and offer support!

We are happy if you just stop by to say hi and let us know you are still with us!  Feel free to offer up ideas on topic question and I will include them in next week’s post!  Stop by daily or as often as you like!  Don’t forget to post to the The Daily Pledge March 2018

This week’s topic: Keeping your Quit Precious

How do you keep your quit precious?  How do you ensure this is your forever quit?  Your experiences, strengths, and hopes may help someone else.

I wrote https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/rollercoaster831/blog/2017/10/10/not-getting-caught-in-nml...‌ and go back to re-read it often.  That is what helps me keep my quit precious. 

ENJOY the journey through NML! 

In No Man’s Land, you’ve come a long way, but still have a long way to go. The routine cravings are gone but the surprise cravings can knock you to your knees. Your family and friends think you should be “over it” while you still feel quite fragile sometimes. Your relationships with smoking friends/family may be feeling strained. Your inner junkie is still around, still whispering to you, and the temptation to give in can be every bit as strong as it was in your first few days.

But here’s the good news. In these same 100 days, for most people, your circulation has improved substantially, walking has become easier, and your overall lung function has increased noticeably. Sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath have decreased. Your body's overall energy has increased. The roller coaster is smoothing out, and you are feeling calmer and stronger overall. Good things are happening! (Courtesy of SarahP)

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search...

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

49 Replies
MichelleDiane

You are doing so great Barb.  Congratulations on 91 DOF.  You are going to make triple digits!

-Michelle

Barb102

Thank you don’t know why I’m scared. Don’t want to fail thanks for your confidence

Barb

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Just try to stay in the day.  I know for me when I project to anything beyond the day I grow fearful.  That is what happened to me this past March.  You've got this.  I has helped me to meditate and do deep breaths.  Also, just moving around if I feel that fear, anxiety, worry, or other feelings.  You are succeeding!

Barb102

Thank you so much.  I’m feeding better

0 Kudos

the knowledge

is to

allay the fears

and to

Give you something

to aim for

So you don't

give up too early

And miss your freedom.

giphy (2).gif

Just checking in with 92 CLEAN NON SMOKING DAYS!!!!!!!!!! 

DIDN'T CRASH AND BURN,AS I DID IN THE PAST!!!! THANKS

TO THIS SITE!!!!!!!!! THE PEOPLE, MATERIALS AND SUPPORT.

I DID DO A SHORT BLOG, IF YOU CHOOSE TO CHECK IT OUT.

I AM REALLY FAR BEHIND ON MY PAPERWORK. I HAVE TO LEAVE 

AND WORK ON IT.

THEY DID  drop 1 of my BP meds and put another 1 in it's place.

My numbers are improving...My annual bloodwork came back

with nothing too serious. An appointment with a Heart/Lung Dr.

was made....Can't be seen before June 14th.  We have quite a few

of them for the size of our capitol city.... They are FULL all the time!

Well this Dr. in June sent a bunch of stuff for me to fill out. I have to get

started on that. As well as do my bookwork. Hubby and I have to make a 

for some tools,grocery,etc.... Tomorrow isn't going to be super nice,so

we will do it then. When weather returns to better temps. have plenty to

still do in yard.

I'll try to catch up on my reading around the site, the next few evenings.

We eat late,by time everything is cleaned up,we are pooped out.......

The nicer weather is helping me feel better overall..... However, I am still

fatigued all the time. Have had chronic fatigue since fibromyalgia in 1974.....

The REBOOTING OF THE HUMAN BODY AND MY AGE: I've concluded

the FATIGUE IS NORMAL and probably not going away!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby has

LOT LESS ENERGY THAN  A YEAR OR TWO AGO.

Everyone,take care of yourselves and guard that QUIT,NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

PRAIRIE 92 DOF

Bonnie

Just checking in...Very stressful afternoon at work today and thought about stopping at the store and buying some wine on the way home...did NOT think about buying cigs...I decided against the wine since I would like to lose a bit weight...in the "old days" my "stinkin' thinkin" would have justified both wine AND cigs AND some kind of salty snack food AND some dark chocolate because I DESERVED a "treat"...I so much better like the current ME that thinks rationally...wow, what a concept

Bonnie 122 DOF

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Thanks for the reminder at day 57.  It's goods to go back and read this material again.  I guess I'm still missing my reward cigarette the most.  It's still difficult working in the yard with out my beer and smoke break.  I've still had to avoid sitting on the deck now that we have some nice weather. Too much associated with that psychologically.  Hope to try that soon!  Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty positive about my quit this time.  

0 Kudos
desiree465

I only just started using my deck again monday night. I've been doing good with my quit but that deck reminds me so much of smoking. I did take others advice and change it around a bit. I put out some really pretty flowers, and got rid of the ash tray of course. 

Bonnie

Maybe buy some bubbles to blow on your deck?  A wise elder mentioned that she just likes to sit outside and blow bubbles for her own enjoyment...I loved the idea and think it's a great idea to "change up" the patio/deck/smoking memory...