cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
bck55

July 28, 2016 is going to be my quit date. That is tomorrow.  I am so nervous and excited at the same time.  Thanks for creating this group for first week quitters. I am sure I will be here a lot the next week.

dmrosie

Ending day 2, waking up to the "Monday" of quitting smoking day, apparently?! From what I hear, day 3 is the worst... but I'm putting on my big girl panties, and charging through it. Positive thoughts of successful days ahead!
jfmc

Okay, this is my first step to quit smoking and I feel totally lost. I'm not sure how to get started and have no will power. I feel lost. What to do?

JustSharon

My Husband and I are on day 3. We are doig well do far. Time will pass quickly and we will be at 30 too.

tricia30

I am in the 14th day of my non smoking journey. It isn't my first rodeo though. I have been here a few times before. This time is very different. I have not experienced the anger or frustration that has always occurred every other time. Walking and exercise have made a huge difference. I started my program a year ago so it has become habit making the quitting that much easier.  I highly reccomend that if you are finding yourself feeling anger or the urge to over eat find an exercise program that you enjoy. See if it will help. I am gwessing that you will be surprised. It will still be a struggle but I am finding myself much more relaxed this time around with a greater strength of committment. Good luck to all.

0 Kudos
dhf

Day 48. Smoked for about 36 years. Cravings aren't the bother but the depression is. At least I am hoping I feel so down is because I have quit smoking.

0 Kudos

I prefer life over death. I refuse to give over to smoking.  I cancel smoking out of my life.  I am smoke free and craving free from nicotine.  I love fresh air and abhor cigarettes.     Every day in every way the amount of nicotine in my body is becoming lesser and lesser and my lungs are becoming cleaner and cleaner.  I inhale clean air devoid of cigarette smoke and exhale used air.  I am a quitter on smoking. As a result, all my senses are in their perfect condition.  I am robust and healthy. I repel cigarettes and smoking does not attract me.  I successfully quit smoking. I am now healthier, happier and relaxed.  I am now free of smoking. My blood pressure is normal, my heart is healthier and I am happy.  I choose health over smoking, freedom over addiction and happiness over depression.  Every new day takes me away from smoking and towards a new, healthier me.  I love myself more than I love smoking. I say yes to life and no to smoking. I love fresh air and detest smoking.  I hereby release any need to smoke and accept smoke free life with open arms.

1 day 22hr
0 Kudos
RBetrice

Hello, tommorow is my quit day --- I am down right scared of failure.  -- I decided my bedtime routine for this evening will be do a no smoke zone sweep of the house --  removing anything from the house that is in any way related to smoking.  

Then instead of smoking in the morning when I wake up -- I will log on the the blog and type then exercise then get my son ready for school.   Wish me well.  

Excuse me if I end up typing a lot inorder to get through the cravings -- I hope everyone here a successfull journey.  

I started Zyban 9 days ago and quit this morning cold turkey. Here's my trigger mantra and it's stopping the urge from even getting started and is scaring it away. Urge is really scared by the display of willpower. Mr Urge tries to sneak in but 

'Realize each cigarette I smoke locks in smoking the next cigarette ad infinitum nauseum. NO DEAR GOD, NO!'