cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
ryansa40

Hi guys

I quit three days ago (today is the 3rd day). I've noticed a few things which are concerning. The first night my lungs and chest had an internal slight burning sensation, yesterday was ok but I woke up this morning with the roof my mouth and front set of teeth numb; I'm hoping this goes away tomorrow as most of the other symptoms have done.

Funny, I don't necessarily crave cigarettes I crave the moments I've had with cigarettes. Saturday mornings my husband makes coffee before he goes to work and I sit outside cup of coffee in hand, a cigarette and the sound of the morning birds. When he gets home from work we usually go outside and smoke while we talk about our day. When I get home from work I have a cigarettte outside while going through the mail.  At this point it is about continuing those things just without smoking.

Again, the only thing I'm really worried about are these damn withdrawl symptoms.

Ryan

doubleji

Hello! Day 3 here!
deefree

hello day 3 for me too

JACKIE1-25-15

The forst 30 days go by very quickly.  First focus on day one, then two.  By day 3 the nicotine is no longer in your system.  The next three week are a bit challenging.  This where the withdrawal kicks in andf you have to relearn your thinking.  No matter what happens you just can't smoke.  The craving only last a few minutes.  Find something to do in the meantime.  Listening to music is one of the best options because SINAO, smoking is no longer an option. 

stellab1

I am half way through my 4th day. I have to say that at this point, I am doing o.k. -I do feel as though my mind is playing tricks on me. I don't feel physical craving as much as "flashes" come into my mind. When I finish eating my mind tells me to go have a smoke. The same thing happened last night as I was preparing to go upstairs to bed. My mind told me it was time to go outside for a smoke!

0 Kudos
hm_azriel

April 1st will be day one for me, but until then I am going to start slowing down and use other methods to get around all the urges to smoke throughout the day.

neyhop7

I am on day 2 and just want to smoke so bad!!!!! Nothing i do is beating these stupid craving! Matter of fact everything i do makes me want to smoke even more. I wish this was not so hard!

neyhop7

I am on day 2 and just want to smoke so bad!!!!! Nothing i do is beating these stupid craving! Matter of fact everything i do makes me want to smoke even more. I wish this was not so hard!

0 Kudos
osiyofromaz

Hello-  I set my stop date as March 28 but wish it was today because it makes me anxious to think about quitting but I'm tired of coughing, spending a fortune on cigarettes, and it's irritating my friends.  I liked reading everyones comments.  Looking forward to reading more.

flaroyale

Hi day 5 for me