cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
jada

Alright I made it through one whole day! Trying to get through the tougest part of my day the morning! Baby steps.
0 Kudos
katheen

Well I've made it through four days and so far I have'nt smoked had one on the first day and then have'nt had any since then. Plan on staying home and having a special day with a friend and neighbor today. Will not smoke is not an option for me today or any day as far as I'm concerned now.****

Your Smoke Free Friend Kathleen
0 Kudos
katheen

WORKING ON DAY FIVE TODAY HAVE'NT SMOKED AND FEELING PRETTY GOOD THIS MORNING SO FAR. BEEN UP FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO, SO I DECIDED TO DO MY POSTING THIS BEAUTIFUL MORNING. I'M STARTING TO GET SOME OF MY SENCES BACK AND DOES THAT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER. I'M ABLE TO TASTE THE FOODS AND THE SENCE OF SMELE IS COMING BACK AND THAT IS A WONDERFUL FELLING TO BE EXPERIENCING SO SOON AFTER STOPPING MAYBE I'M JUST ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.

YOUR SMOKE FREE FRIEND KATHLEEN
0 Kudos
katheen

WELL I'M HALF WAY THROUGH THIS GROUP FOR NOW AT LEAST AND THINK THAT I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE MOST OF THE TIME SO WHY IS THAT NOBODY HAS JUST A FEW DAYS OR WHAT IS IT. WORKING ON DAY SIX TODAY AND THAT IS SOMETHING FOR US TO HAVE THAT BEHIND US.

YOUR SMOKE FREE FRIEND KATHLEEN
0 Kudos
olivia

I am on Day 1 today! YAY!!!!
0 Kudos
jada

Good for you Olivia! I'm going on day 6 and 10 hours! I'm doing better than I thought I would, and I just keep telling myself that I can do it and that it's not that hard!
0 Kudos
katheen

WE NOW HAVE SEVEN WONDERFUL DAYS AND THAT IS A MIRCIAL FOR US TO HAVE THAT BEHIND US. IT'S TRUE IT'S BEEN A LITTLE ROCKY AT TIMES BUT THEN I JUST GOT AHOLD OF MY BUDDY AND THEN EVERY WAS ALRIGHT AT THAT TIME SHE WOULD GIVE ME ENCOURGEMENT SO IT CAN BE DONE. OLIVIA, I WANTED TO WELCOME YOU TO OUR GROUP AND WELCOME TO THE BEST SITE AROUND SO ANYHOW WELCOME TO YOU.

YOUR SMOKE FREE FRIEND KATHLEEN (7) WONDERFUL DAYS
0 Kudos
John-C.

Congrats!
  Seven days is great. Keep up with your great quits everyone!
0 Kudos
reva-burke

I have been feeling so alone latley... My spouse doesn't smoke and my Father smokes like a chain! We are all living together right now and its so hard to get support from either one of them because one doesn't understand and the other one is a lifetime smoker who doesn't want to quit! So I have no one... I talked to a coach from the Quitline twice now but have been having some problems with procrastination and excuses! I really want to quit though. I currently smoke a pack a day of Menthol cigs and tryed to change to non-methol but they made me very nauseated so I went back to Menthol and picked up back where I left off! Im not qualified for any nicotine medicine and cannot afford it right now being that I currently am laid off from work for a month! I have to much time on my hands being stuck at home and am not sure what to do with it. We are planning on moving soon my spouse and I and once we move I won't be around any smokers yay! But that won't be until the end of this month. Im going to start smoking only outside and see if that helps because I live on the fourth floor in an apartment building. Im also going to start tracking my cigs again and start a stress journal so wish me luck! Also, if you have any other ideas or advice that you have used to help yourself quit please let me know! I need all the help I can get right now! Thank You! Add me as a friend!
0 Kudos
katheen

TODAY IS MY NINTH DAY SO I'M ALMOST OUT OF HERE BEEN DOING ALRIGHT LATELY. WENT TO TOWN YESTERDAY AND HAD SOMEONE ASK FOR A SMOKE BUT THEN I GOT TO SAY THAT WE DON'T SMOKE AND IT FELT GREAT TO SAY THAT ONE. GOING BACK TODAY SO WE CAN GET SOME MONEY FOR MY HAIR CUT AND SOME NICATINE GUM TOO.

YOUR SMOKE FREE FRIEND KATHLEEN (9) FANTASTIC DAYS OF FREEDOM

0 Kudos