cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

John-C.

Newbie Quitters

You can use this wall to introduce yourself and tell your story! Remember, this group is only for those who have stopped smoking completely (no matter for how long). We can use the advice of experienced EX's, too. I am on my 4th day (again), using this site much more and reading reading reading!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
444 Replies
nancympearson

Hi Terry, Welcome to our little group. Just let us know how we can support you. I will try and be there for you. Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Good morning everyone, Well, I am six and a half into my quit. I quit worrying about my son being in bad weather when he was out for a New Year's Eve party. He got homr st 3 AM, I "used" to smoke a lot when I worried. Panic is another word for worry for me. I hope I can continue. Love Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Good morning everyone, Well, I am six and a half into my quit. I quit worrying about my son being in bad weather when he was out for a New Year's Eve party. He got homr st 3 AM, I "used" to smoke a lot when I worried. Panic is another word for worry for me. I hope I can continue. Love Nancy
0 Kudos

Good morning fellow quitters. I am 34 hours into my quit and find the need to distract myself and reassure myself. I am quitting because I smoked for 40 years - now it is time to not smoke for 40 years. That darn evil voice was trying to get me to sneak a cigarette or a puff, even tho' there are none readily available - it was like, oh, no one will know.

But, I have fought so hard to get to this point I am not letting those evil sickarettes talk me back into the habit before I have even really quit. I will continue to take good care of myself, sleep, eat and drink lots of juice over the next couple of days.

I do not smoke anymore. I do not do that any longer. I am an addict and am choosing not to give in. I am stronger than the drug. I am strong and I will remain smoke free.
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Hi Laurie,
  You can so this. I didn't think I could do this last night. I played around with all kind of excuses not to quit but this site has saved my smoking soul believe me. I could not have done this without all you people. I have smoked for 44 years with only 5 months off in 2006. I want this time to be the time I quit for good. I watched a video last night where i saw a woman die step by step from lung cancer. I had never realized what you good through. It scared the crap out of me.Take a deep breath and feel how good it is to be smoke free. You can do it. Love Nancy
0 Kudos

38 hours and 36 minutes of being smoke free!!! I will survive! I will prevail.
0 Kudos
nancympearson

Laurie, Congratulations---You go girl!!! Love Nancy
0 Kudos
nancympearson

I am well in to my second day of not smoking. 41 hours and 30 minutes. I have had a couple of stressers today where my first response was to reach for a cigarette---but I didn't. I think I am going to do this this time. It feels different this time. I have a lot more confidence and there is a calm I have never experienced before . Usually, I am so tense and uptight when I tr to quit. I believe this site is the reason for the calmness. I know I am not alone and, boy, does that work for me. Thanks. Nancy
0 Kudos
joe-niehaus

hi just signed up today i hope i can do this my problem i have the wil power of a gnat . i hope that this may help istarted today to start weaning me off the cigs kind of like how one would ween a calf off its moms milk instead of 20 a day start with 18 does this sound like it would work. can anyone giv input to this thanks
0 Kudos
amy-finch

Hi everyone, I've just started to "separate from my habit today. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos