cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ed_

New Years Day Quitters

I am bound and determined to get the freakin' smokes out of my life! New Year's Day, 2009....I am getting the prescription for Chantrex and am going to do it! Happy New Year!
0 Kudos
480 Replies
diane2

I,M GOING TO TRY AND QUIT JAN 1 , I HAVE SMOKED OVER 35 YRS AND THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO REALY TRY AND QUIT . I FEEL SCARED LIKE LEAVING AN OLD FRIEND , I KNOW THIS SOUNDS DUMB BUT TRUE .I SURE NEED HELP TO MAKE IT . MY HEALTH IS NOT THE BEST AND IT WOULD BE ALOT BETTER WHEN I QUIT .
0 Kudos
cyndii

I just joined this site and set my quit date for New's Year;s Eve. I figure that will be my last day of smoking so I will be smoke free on Jan. 1. I have the gum to help. I had cut back to like 3-5 cigs a day just before Thanksgiving but got stressed and started again. So I know I can do it, I just need to keep with it! I hope this site helps. Good Luck to all of you who are quitting and Congratulations to all who have quit! I am here to find support for myself but also to offer it to others who need it, so please message me. thanks.
0 Kudos
nancympearson

I am going to quit smoking for Jan 1 2009 for good. I am not going to let that cigarette tease me anymore. I have quit smoking many times but my best friend smokes and just knowing that sets off a trigger I have yet to conquer. This time I have this forum to turn to. I have never had support so close to my fingertips before. Sincerely, Nancy
0 Kudos
kris13

Hi all,
  I am quitting New Year's Day! First with commits (because I still have them frommy previous attempt) and then nicorrette, because the commits are kinda hard because i have dry mouth.
  I'm nervous, I'm not going to lie. I've tried to quit before, (and found this site to be amazing!) and I'm just nervous. I'm mainly quitting for financial reasons--as well as to be a good example. Any one else quitting for finances and can feel me? I need to boost my desire to quit, too. What do y'all think?
0 Kudos
lianna-torres

I am not doing so good been trying to do the plan and I am stuck on exercise one ( counting/timing/reason for each cig) I start out with good intentions and zesto but by midafternoon/early evening I loose track of writing it down. I know I have slowed down on the amount I smoke each day but... with all the holiday stuff and a house full of drama (anohter stroy another time) I have yet to complete a full day of the exercise1, any suggests would be helpful. I would like to set my quite date for 1-1-09 ( as I am facing vocal cord surgery after the first of the year) but I want to be sucsessful so I feel it is very important to do the complete exercises of the "plan"
0 Kudos
kathy36

I HAVE SLOWED DOWN QUITE A BIT AND i'M HAPPY WITH THAT.i NEED TO DO THE PROGRAM AND FOLLOW IT,
0 Kudos
lisa79

I am going to quit Jan 5th. I quit one time for 10 months but started back because it was causing problems between me and my husband. He is a smoker and when I quit smoking he just smelled so bad to me I could hardly stand to be around him. It caused alot of problems. So this time he said he will quit with me. I hope he does but last time he made it 2 days. Wish me luck. I am going to use commit again.Last time it really helped.
0 Kudos
tara

I quit last New Years Day for about 2 months...Unfortunately, living with 3 chainsmokers didn't help and I started again. I have cut back quite a bit and smoke maybe 5 ciggies a day, if that. I need to quit due to health and finances. I'm going cold turkey, NO SMOKING AIDS WHATSOEVER. Wish me luck! I cannot take any type of them due to heart complications and other medications. I wish everyone the best of luck and a Grand New Year!
0 Kudos
elisabeth

hi, i really want to quit i failed a month ago.i need some help and support and positive energy from everybody here.I have been smoking for 7 years now and i hate it everyday, i think about quitting all the time and get tired and frustrated and pick it up. I tried the gum but it instantly gives me mouth ulcers, i am not sure about chantix or any of that stuff. i tried accupuncture 3-4 times and never followed up, when you dont have the will or desire then nothing seems to work.
  i have heard about hypnosis, has any one tried it. i don't know how i will watch my self everday but i have to, want to and need to do this. It is such an awful addiction and i have been fooling my self for years that i am not addicted.I will quit on Jan 1, Wish be luck.
0 Kudos

My quit date is new years eve @9am. I have already started setting myself up for the big day. I have an appointment for hypnosis, but will awaken on that day and not smoke any cigarettes. I hate the smell, I hate what they do to my body, I hate that who I am has become attached to tobacco in such a way that I am allowing this habit to kill me. I have smoked for over 30 years and the time is now to quit. It is mind over matter, it is life over a slow painful and hurtful death. I will suceed.
0 Kudos