cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lisa20

New And Ready

I am 44, been smoking for 27 years and ready to quit. I will use every avenue I can. I am hoping to make some new friends like me and that we can help each other. I am also a little afraid. It has been the center of my life for soooo long. It seems every decision I made has revolved around smoking, consciously and unconsciously. Nice to see all the blogs. I have already learned so many things to try.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
becky16

Hello Lisa,
I can understand how scary it is for you to quit. I felt the same way....I had smoked for 37 years. But, if you believe that you can do it....YOU WILL DO IT! Remember, you have the POWER to CHOOSE.....use WISELY your POWER of CHOICE. You might want to read my blog about Fear...it may help you a little to ease the scary part. Remember too, You are STRONGER than you Think You are. I know what you mean too, about the smoking being the center of your life. I felt the same way. I would suggest you go to www.whyquit.com and check out the information about the mental aspects and the addictive behavior we develop while smoking. Take one day at a time. Write on here often, especially when you are having a craving. You will be amazed how many talked themselves out of having that smoke, just from their own words!! Ask for help, we are all here for the same reason and are willing to help you through the quitting process. Congratulations on taking your first steps towards a happier and healthier life!!
0 Kudos
kim63

Hi Lisa,

I just turned 43 and have been smoking on and off for over 20 years. I felt very positive about this website. I just saw it this morning on a commercial and I'm already on tonight. This seems like a great place to get support for our difficult endeavor. What struck me about your blog was how every decision revolves around smoking. I'm the only person in my house and my closest friends that smokes. As a result I have to plan my time when we go out or even when we're home to make sure I have that extra time to smoke. It almost feels like a dirty little secret. I'm scared about quitting too. I'm trying to decide on a quit date.

I wish you good luck in your quest to become smoke free!

Take care:-)
0 Kudos
stephen3

Yeah! Welcome !! You have made a great decission, Congratulations! You will meet a lot of people and make a lot of great friends on here, thay will help you through your quit and get you through your worst days.
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hi Lisa I get where you are coming from with being a little afraid and also about how you life revolving around smoking I had those feelings too alot of us do I think ! You can make this happen for your self!!! Let us know how you are doing and feeling
0 Kudos
lisa20

Thanks Lorraine,
I guess I am there are a lot of us out there. I want lots of ideas. I think It will take a lot to keep me focused.
Lisa
0 Kudos
lisa20

Hi Becky,
You have given me a little more confidence and some new places to visit. Right now it has taken me a lot of time to reply to all my new friends. I think this site may be just what I need to help me through. I also hope I can help support others.
Lisa
0 Kudos
lisa20

Thanks Jennie, I am going to give it all I've got.
0 Kudos
lisa20

Thanks Stephen, I hope to make a lot of friends and this site is great so far.
Lisa
0 Kudos
lisa20

Hi Kim,
I would love tp help each other. I did the same when I saw the commercial. I have a lot of hope for us with this. But it is going to be HARD. I still have to do a little separation before I can set a quit date. I think I will make it sometime the first week of October. I may talk to a doctor about zyban(welbutrin) I am not sure. I dont want to do Chantax.
0 Kudos