cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chynadawl826

Need some opinions about the Nicotine patch?

Hi! I am quitting smoking, and am receiving free patches from my local health department. They've decided to start me on 14mg. Has anyone had any experience with the patches, and if so, was it good or bad or helpful at all?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
lisa32009

I am using the patch. They started me on 21 mg. for 4 weeks. I had bizare dreams, and a metal taste in my mouth, but the patch has really helped with the nicotine withdrawl. I'm now down to the 14 mg, and it is still helping, less strange dreams, but strange all the same, the taste is going away. My advise, follow the directions they give you. There is a reason for the length of time spent using a certain dose. Don't just think, "Oh, I don't need this anymore." I think the point is to put as much time as possible between your memory of actually smoking, breaking the habit. I quit on Mar 20th, and it's been a struggle, but I sure wouldn't want to go through the last 4 weeks again. It does get better. Keep trying! 🙂
0 Kudos
doug

I hope by now you are either quite, or are currently on the patch. I got bad rashes from the patch. It worked great when I was on it and the side effects were minimal. I just had to discontinue because of the burns I recieved so just whatch your skin and youll be fine.
Doug
0 Kudos