cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

N.O.P.E.!

Everywhere you go you will run into this Pledge: N.O.P.E.! It means Just for TODAY I pledge that I CHOOSE to live my life with Not One Puff Ever NO MATTER WHAT! I further pledge to RESPECT myself enough to HONOR that pledge for just one day - TODAY! Tomorrow I'll see what happens! Today I took the pledge for the 331st  day in a row! I gave up absolutely nothing of importance and gained .... My HEALTH and HAPPINESS! If I can do it you can too! Find out more in the BLOGS!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
_m_9

Hi Thomas,

I say that to myself every single day, a ton of times throughout the day.  I used to say to myself before I quit...every night when I went to bed..."I woke up attempting to be a nonsmoker and I am going to bed a failure at that".  I think at least every day for a year, I would say "today is the day", but it never was.  I guess i really wasn't ready.  Well, I guess I was on 11/7/10, N.O.P.E.

have a good one!

Michelle

0 Kudos
donnaferreira

NOPE I quit on Tuesday February15th at 1 PM in the afternoon. I just got tired of having COPD and not doing anything about it. Today just for today I am doing something about this addiction. I am sidk and tired of killing myself. I am getting somewhere today. I am learning to love myself. I have dreams and want them to come true and one is giving up smoking. They told me it could happen and it finally has. Thanks everyone and me too for the encouragement and help.

Donna F

0 Kudos