cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

greg2

My intro

I am 41 years old living in coastal North Carolina, and I have been smoking on and off since I was 21. I picked up smoking after college. I quit about 7 years ago and started again about a year ago. I can't remember why I started again. I was not under any stress that I recall. Someone left a pack on the desk and I took one. Now a year later, wanting to become an ex- smoker again.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
edith2

I'm real glad you're here. You're a great inspiration because you decided to quit again so soon. It took me 30 years to get back on track. I'm glad you mentioned that you weren't under any stress. Alot of people blame stress. We smoke because we're addicts, not because of stress.
0 Kudos
rj_

Welcome back on the road to freedom, start with a good education, add a lot of determination to never take another puff and succeed.

Remember a quit is only a quit as long as you never take a puff, I killed a 2yr 8 mo pause in 2003 by choosing to puff, it took me 4 yrs to get back, but now just celebrated 1 yr free,

I'm attaching a a couple reads, take a look, they helped me with the education. An educated quit is so much easier than a non eductated pause ever was.

RJ...Free at last after 32 yrs of feeding the addiction 2-4 packs a day, having added 51 days of life back, saved $3,421.51 and not inhailing death 14,974 times by choice one day at a time by NTAP
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hi Greg nice to meet you!
0 Kudos