cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

My Profile really has become my truth, done around April of 2008, Its now Nov 2008, 6 months later without a puff..

Hi I'm val b and started smoking at 30 yrs of age, I've smoked for over 15 years, my mother would always say to me you waited until you are almost a half of a hundred and start a dirty habit like smoking, what is wrong with you? I got divorced and started partying and used cig for my feel good while i learn how to party again tool. and than I found out smokes work for every occassion. You know the rest , I got an addiction and could not quit so easily. Well I'm on track now. congrats to me, I have tried to quit b4, I know its hard, but I will becoming an ex soon. because I want to be an ex smoker and it takes sometime for the mind to register that, so I will be kind to it and let it know that the body will do what the mind says and the mind says, body you want to feel better and I want to spend my money on diff things now, so we are going to stop smoking, there is going to be some urges to smoke, but we are going to use every tools out there to succeed starting with letting everyone know I quit, get some support buddies and educate my mind about what tobbaco company are doing to keep us hooked and what smoking is doing to me. and after doing all that, just know that no ex smoker would wish this horrible addiction on anybody, so if they take the time to tell you they care that you succeed, its because they really care about themself first and then reaching out to help others has become there duty and compassion to help you, so you dont have to take another puff...Im here for you...Im getting stronger everyday and I don't take my quit for granted...I know it only takes one puff. but I know too much to take that one puff now. im nicotine free... and im still getting all the support I can get to stay that way...I can do this.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
val_b

I read this today and really, really believed in it and lived it. At the time I worte this I was afraid to make these expectaion of becoming an ex smoker. But know I am telling anyone that really want to smoke make that statment of becoming an ex smoker and do every thing you can to make it happen. To all with much love.
0 Kudos