cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Chrissy41

My MIND

Hi everyone, I have been failing to stop smoking. I don't crave for a cigarette I smoke bc I get bored I've tried the gum, patches ETC but I am a tiny person so the nicotine was to strong. My Problem is my MIND telling me to buy a pack. How can I control my brain. 

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Barbara145

I am a very small person and I needed plenty of nicotine to stop smoking.  I doubt it is your small size.

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

Which strength of patch did you try?

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

There are 3 strengths of patches, 21mg, 14mg and 7mg. I would try 14mg or step 2 first if you feel like you need a nicotine replacement aid. If you can go cold turkey, then by all means do it!

I personally finally figured out why everyone says N.O.P.E. or Not One Puff Ever, because although you may think 8 or 9 isn't that bad, it won't always be 8 or 9. It will grow to 10, 11, 13.... that is the nicotine monster and it's evil way of keeping us addicted. I have learned that during these last two weeks leading up to my quit day. I have kept track and have seen a slow increase to the amount I smoke in 24 hours. If you give it an inch, it WILL take a mile!

Stay close and if you feel the need to smoke, get on here or call a quit smoking hotline. There are a lot of them out there. 800-784-8669 or 800-QUIT-NOW is just one.

Good luck girl, you can do this!

Dian

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How are things Chrissy41

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Diannnnn

That is awesome Chrissy!! You can do this!

0 Kudos
Diannnnn

Chrissy41

GET RID OF THE PACK NOW!!!!

Sorry to shout, but douse them with water and throw them away! Don't let the nicotine monster win!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Diannnnn wrote:

Chrissy41

GET RID OF THE PACK NOW!!!!

Sorry to shout, but douse them with water and throw them away! Don't let the nicotine monster win!

I'm going to have to agree on this.  Get rid of those things.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Chrissy41

Ok, tomorrow will be a fresh new day not smoking 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Be sure to update your quit date.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chrissy41 wrote:

I've been trying to set my quit date but it's stuck on 6/19/2014

Hmm that's odd. What device are you using to try to attempt to change it? Please include operating system and browser and browser version.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos