cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tammy591

Must quit

Jump to solution

I just quit an hour ago after smoking heavy all my life. I am suffering health issues from smoking and must quit. I want to quit, I have only tried once before and made it 2 weeks. I want so much to be completely done. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Snowdoggie

@Tammy591 Welcome to Ex. Try to read about nicotine addiction. You can type it in the search bar and read the blogs. A good book that helped me and others quit is "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr.

Check out the journals/blogs section of the site and try to read and comment on the blogs everyday. You can congratulate others as they post their milestones to provide support. It will help you stay connected and you will learn how to stay quit. Best of success!🐕

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
foxx

One hour at a time then it will turn into days then months then years the main thing is NOPE not one puff ever . 

Snowdoggie

@Tammy591 Welcome to Ex. Try to read about nicotine addiction. You can type it in the search bar and read the blogs. A good book that helped me and others quit is "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr.

Check out the journals/blogs section of the site and try to read and comment on the blogs everyday. You can congratulate others as they post their milestones to provide support. It will help you stay connected and you will learn how to stay quit. Best of success!🐕

0 Kudos
OnyxMom_2015

I have to quit in order to have neck surgery before the end of the year. I quit cold turkey 21 yrs ago and stayed smoke free for 6 yrs. I picked it back up. Quit for back surgery.  Picked it back up in 2010. I'm told to try the nicotine inhaler.  However I cannot afford it out of pocket. I'm also told that NYQuits can help me to get it.

0 Kudos
OnyxMom_2015

p.s I've tried many other products for quiting and none have worked for me. This is a last ditch effort for me to be done with nicotine.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@OnyxMom_2015 Welcome to the Ex.  Contact 1-800-QUIT to see what aids they'll provide.  Typically it's like nicotine patches, but I would check with  your particular state.

I used Nicotrol inhalers, but that required a prescription from my doctor and was covered by my medical insurance.

Let us know what you find out.

Barb.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@OnyxMom_2015  I just sawed you posted again.  It's important to realize that any aid is just that.  You still have to do the work.   You came to the right place.   Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  This is a good place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

It took me 50 years to get it.  I had my aids in place and a quit date and was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  I learned what I needed to know to be successful and the support from fellow quitters was a valuable tool.

You can do it to.   We're here for you.

Barb.

0 Kudos
OnyxMom_2015

I truly appreciate your advice.  It's a tough row to hoe. I commend you on quiting after 50 yrs of being a smoker. That awesome. I'm Hoping to have been done smoking cigarettes for good by Nov 6th, 2022. I refuse to use any other type of tobacco products. I will do my very best to  keep in touch with you about my progress.  Thank you again. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@OnyxMom_2015 Please do.  We're all in this together and share in everyone's missteps and successes.

Barb

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Here you can learn about common pitfalls and find ways to strengthen your quit. Keep sharing! One day at a time, you can do this.

0 Kudos