cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

princessdeb

Mood Swings, Breakouts and Gas... OH MY!!

Today is day 12 for me  I've been using the 4mg lozenges to help and only used 2 today!! Mood Swings....I'm not feeling depressed or tired, but broke out crying for a few minutes about 3 times today.  Other than that, my days have been good!

Breakouts....I haven't had my skin breakout since I was in my 20s...40 years ago! The last couple of days I've got little bumps all over my face.  I take excellent care of my skin.  Does anyone know if this could be part of the toxins coming out from smoking?

Gas... hahahaha...how long does that last? It's crazy!#@!?

Off to do more reading.

Deborah 12 DOF

Tags (1)
29 Replies
freeneasy

Your digestive system is affected when you quit smoking. Quitting is a huge change both physical and psychological.

Constipation Symptoms and Quitting Smoking 

Hang in there. You're doing great with 12 days! 

princessdeb

freeneasy  Thanks so much for the link.  Great article and explains what and why I'm experiencing digestive issues.  In my reading tonight at Best of EX I read the blog about early withdrawal symptoms which helped explain a few things for me.  Thanks again.♡

Deborah 12 DOF 

constanceclum

For me, the gas and bloating finally resolved itself this week. I'm on day 18. I went through a few days of mild depression but now I'm really good mentally. We're doing surprisingly well for as long as we smoked!

Connie

Sandy-9-17-17

Be on guard with the gas!  Although it may seem it has gone away, many people suffer through a ton of gas!  I will be the first to attest to this!  I am over 9 months, and still making no headway with the gas!  I pray you do not have to go through what many people do, but regardless.....never let it cause you to smoke!  I have never heard of gas killing anyone, but smoking will!  

Congrats ladies on your numbers, keep on climbing!  Glad that you're here!

Sandy 277 DOF   88 Days until I reach the 6% Club! 

GyorgyiM

Sandy, 

TRUE THAT! 

Ugh.....

I am going to call it "Turkey Tummy"...............

LoL

Smiles ya'll...

Barbscloud

Congrats on your 12 days.   I've had GI problems most of my life, so I can't say I've really noticed much of a difference.  I can cry though!

100DOF

0 Kudos
princessdeb

Sandy-9-17-17 I'd rather have gas than smoke!  This is my Forever Quit. It's just embarrassing cuz I can't control it. Thanks for your input.

AnnetteMM

I'm 61 and I still get zits

I'm taking probiotics to try to battle the gut issues and it's helping a little (no more pain anyway) but I'm still Farty McFartpants.

princessdeb

constanceclum 

Connie, first of all..Congratulations for reaching 18 days!!! Thanks for your input!  Everyone's experience with their quit is different!  I'm just hoping that the gas leaves me soon like it did for you!

Deborah 13 DOF