cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
patsy2

Well, today is my first day of quitting. last friday I decided I would cut back all week and on Friday quit. I am on my first day of quitting and I am using the patch. It is probably the hardest day I hope!! I have smoked for 23 years. there are several reasons i decided to quit: first of all I finally want to quit, 2nd my kids want me to quit, 3rd they are making it hard for us to smoke at work on our breaks, 4th the cost is outragious of cigarettes now. Hope to hear from ya'll. Patsy
0 Kudos
tessa3

Good decision Patsy!!
0 Kudos
sweetheart04

Well i think i have pushed the date farther and father behind. I have finally bought the stuff and i am going to DO IT!!! TOMORROW. I can tell everyone now i am going to be on this all day tomorrow. really searching for relief. I know i can count on everyone.
0 Kudos
max3

Hello All. I am the proud mother of a High School Senior who has been after me for YEARS to quit. I finally did on April 1st. I used the patch to help me get over the cravings and now I only use them if I really can't handle the cravings.
  Ladies, it is time for US to TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES so we can contiue to TAKE CARE OF OUR FAMILIES. NO MORE PUTTING YOURSELF LAST!
  Lots of love!
0 Kudos
becca

I just wanted to say hello. I am new and just joined this group.
0 Kudos
michelle37

I stopped smoking at 11am on Sunday and about 20 minutes ago I slipped and had one. Now I feel like a failure.
0 Kudos
megan11

Hello I am a Mother of 3 beautiful children, and would really love to quit for there sake and mine. I also have Multiple Sclerosis so im thinking that this will be very difficult, would love some ideas : ) Thank you....
0 Kudos
kate

Ok.........I can do this.........I can do this...........until the cravings and irritability catch up with me................can I do this?
0 Kudos
amber6

its been abt 50 hrs since i last smoked.....im freaking out
0 Kudos
megan11

0 Kudos