cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lg_3

Moms

Day four and feeling good. I LOVE not trying to sneak away from the kids. I don't rush through the bedtime story anymore so I can get another smoke in. No more sneaking around the side of the house. Children learn by example. Why would I expect them to not become addicts when I am SO addicted?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
212 Replies
emily7

I am new to the stop smoking. The first and only time I quit was back in boot camp. I had no choice then. I wish I could go back to the day I left bootcamp. I lit one up at the airport before my next destination. That was 8 years ago. Now I have a husband of 4 yrs and a 2 yr old angel. Soon I will be picking a date to rid myself of this habit once and forall. I hope this group will help with the support.
0 Kudos
star

HEY I HAVE 5 BOYS ALL UNDER 11 AN I PLAN TO QUIT SUNDAY, I`VE TRIED BEFORE BUT NOT HRD ENOUGH OBVIUSLY. THIS TIME I PLAN TO GIVE IT MY ALL. NEED ADVISE, DON`T KNOW WHERE TO GO.?.
0 Kudos
nikki6

I have attempted to quit ALOT this year... Day 3 has been the killer for most of those times....

AND I AM ON DAY 5!! I beat Day 3! I have only done that once and I made it 4 1/2 weeks that time! So my next target is 4 1/2 weeks.... I CAN do this!
0 Kudos
gianna

Day Two my first attempt ever my husband quit with me and I have been calling him every time i have an urge which is about every two hours I am so happy I found this website I will be on here a lot
0 Kudos
gianna

Does anyone have any advice for when my kids have a breakdown and I start losing my mind? I would appreciate it because I haven't screamed and yelled like this ever! My oldest is 9 so she kinda understands but the 2 year old and 9 month old don't have a clue. I feel so guilty for being a b I wish they knew it was all for them as well as myself!! Day 3 and still smoke free
0 Kudos

I am a mom and grandmother need to lose 20 pounds and quit smoking too need support please help
0 Kudos
nikki6

Having my daughter has given me the self-respect to do a lot of things including quitting smoking. I have a picture on my phone that I took during my last cig and it pushes me through the cravings. But I need to explain what is going on... I have never smoked around my baby girl, and since I found out that I was pregnant, I have not allowed it in the car or in the house and I do NOT allow anyone else to smoke around her either. So, last week (after my last failed quit) I decided to try again. I was smoking on the front porch trying to decide whether this was going to be my last smoke or if I was going to keep going through the evening and start anew tomorrow... My girl was in the house and started crying once she realized that I had left her inside. This is what I saw through the window... This is what I saw, and that one became my last...

0 Kudos

ohhhhh my goodness!! those beautiful eyes......and as a mom, your story....wow, that's enough to make any mom want to quit!! Nikki....you need to remember when that nicodemon rears itself and tries to talk you into failing .....he is not as important as this beautiful little one!!! you know he will try to convince you to sneak one.....you are sooo wise to keep this pic on your phone as your motivation!!! wow!! Keep up the great work!!
0 Kudos
sheila9

Im not a very good mom my 12 year old hates me smoking.
  An I broke her hart again. I quit for 6 mouth, I don't know why but I picked it back up. I need to quit this time for good. but it's so hard. I don't know what to do. please help thanks
0 Kudos
tina-shumaker

I am a mom of four kids. They are 2, 4, 6, 8 yrs old. I stay home with the youngest. I am on day 4 using the patch. I really have no supprt at home. My husband still smokes. I'm not sure how to fight off the need to smoke...
0 Kudos