cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

selina

Mom you need to quit

I am a single mother of 2 young kids. I was diagnosed with Asthma and decided I was done. It is still a daily struggle. but I know I can get through this. I am on day 16 now. I have other reasons that I quit for. My Papa died in 2002 of cancer, no matter how sad I was, I was still a puffin. My dad, quit smoking two months before papa died. He hasn't smoked since. My dad I have to say is my inspiration. He quit cold turkey after smoking 2-3 packs of Winston Kings a day.

I want to be able to run up and down a soccer field with my kids, I want to walk with them, and not be out of breath in a few steps. Most of all, I don't want to be on oxygen.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
kim51

Ditto all that!! You are doing great!! Hang in there - we can beat this!!
0 Kudos
jennie3

Wtg Selina how awesome to have the support of your Dad that must be a great help to you! 16 days rocks keep up the great work!
0 Kudos
manofsteele

parents have more responsibilities to do the right things more often ... so understand you have made the right decision and you should never allow any excuses to ever take another puff .... none .... your kids deserve your best to keep winning this daily battle.

it sucks growing up without a mother

cancer sucks

you have made it through 2 of the toughest weeks ... HELL week and Heck Week ..... Super Congrats !

i found daily pledging helped me and others be more accountable to stay smoke free and after 4 + years smoke free I highly recommend this daily routine for everyone. Hopefully this might be a group that can help you in your smoke free journey. So I extend an invitation to you and all newbie readers of this post.
0 Kudos
deborah21

You are on your way.....keep ya head up!
0 Kudos
jennifer11

I second that emoion. And I do not want my children to grow up and smoke. You can do it!
Jennifer
0 Kudos
janie6

{{{{Hugs Selina}}}}}

I saw your post and wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I too, am doing my very best to not start smoking again after a week and a half in the hospital with asthma and severe pneumonia. My dear uncle died a little over a year ago from lung cancer, and I said I have to stop, yet still smoked. Then my step dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and I said #2, but still smoked. It took me again getting sick and almost dying from asthma exacerbated by severe pneumonia for me to finally say "enough!!!"

I have a list of several reasons why I need to stop. My children first and foremost, my job working in the cardiology dept at a major hospital, the stigma to smokers in general, and my health.

So, I am here to say that you are not alone and I am more than willing to be your support buddy if you want me to!
0 Kudos