cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
verizon

hey quitters,I hope to join the group may 8th. I have smoked 35 years,really need to quit before health gets worse.I have 5 kids youngest daughter is 8 Iwant to see her grow up and be able hike and ride bikes and not have to suck an oxygen bottle.Ilove my wife,she  would kill me if I die and leave her to fend for herself.wish me luck tomarrow!!                                                                   bye for now    M.E.L.                                                                                              

0 Kudos
cheri17

Hello..thank you for letting me join this group.  My quit date was set for 5/25/10, but I stopped smoking 34 hours ago.  I have had 34 beautiful smoke free hours.  I'm so excited that I can't help but keep going.  Thanx for the motivation and the information, it surely does help someone brush off an addiction to smoking :O).  I smoked for 25 years...WHEW! my poor organs!  Well they can  start they're heal now.  Glad to be a member!

0 Kudos
cris3

Hello my name is Cris. I have been quit "this time" since the 7th of May. I find I am quitting about every week and this is very painful for me. I know I can quit because I quit once for a year then recently I stopped for 52 Days. I do a lot of journaling and stay very close to this site. I dont sleep  very well and that is one of my down falls to getting me to quit smoking.

If anyone needs support I am here and hope you will be here for me too!

Cris

Good Luck with Our Quits

0 Kudos
mar11

My quit date is May 29...second time attempting...this time I will do it...has anyone ever had a problem going to the bathroom when the quit?? this was my trigger last time...

0 Kudos
cheri17

Hey Everyone,

Last time I was here I was onmy 34th hour smoke free...Now I am on my 84th ;oD.....so excited.  I do have to admit that the 72nd hour was pretty painful...like it is predicted.  I don't know if it was like that because of all that I've read about the "72nd" hour, but I got through it.  Today will be my 4th smoke free day.  I am well on my way.  So happy to just be here.  I hope you all can keep your quit dates.  It's not easy at first, but it's well worth it.  Just remember you don't smoke because you WANT to...you smoke because you HAVE to. 

0 Kudos
kate8

HiEveryone. Im working the tracker and cutting back everyday. So far so good. I am excited. My quit date, Sat. March 16th.
0 Kudos
sharon91

My quit date is today, actually about an hour ago.  Smoked for over 25 years.  Quit once for 3 years.  The thought , "I will only have one cigarette to get me through" didn't work for me.  Went back to smoking a pack a day with in days.   There is a growth on my arm that I have to go to the dermatologist for.  it's not melanoma, it may be sun related,  doc is leaning towards it being benign, but of course you never know.  It came on fast.

It may be nothing but that someday in the future that I never thought would come, is here.  The, I will worry about the smoking when I get old, is here.   So here I am, going to quit.  

We will all do this and it will be worth it.

My name is Sharon, glad to meet you all

0 Kudos
kerry21

My name is Kerry and tomorrow is my quit day.  I have smoked for 10 years and have tried to quit countless times. I don't handle triggers well which is my main obstacle in staying smoke-free. Once I get stressed, I give in too easily to my craving. I want to quit forever this time. I don't want to smoke anymore and I'm excited to be a part of this website. I think it will really help me.

0 Kudos
robin-harmon

Hi my name is Robin and I have smoked for 35 years.  I am tired of the expense, smell and the millions of bad things related to smoking.  I have quit for 24 hours and am on the patch.  So far not too bad but need all the help and encouragement I can get since I smoked a pack or more a day.  I am glad to be a part of this site and I hope we can all help each other.  Good luck to all.

0 Kudos
kate8

I am FREeee!! May 12, 2010. A New Life has begun.......
0 Kudos