cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ree

May Quitters

just signed up and finished my profile. I have picked my quit date and it happens to be in May. so I decided to join the other May quitters. Good Luck to all you May quitters
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
292 Replies
karenanne

Hi all May quitters.  My name is Karen and my quit date is May3.  I made it thru 1 day but  I'm dreading today.  I dodn't think I can do it.  It's 6 AM and I'm already craving.  I am praying for strength 1 hour at a time.  I hope participating in this group will give me strength and support.  I.ve been smoking for 40+ years and have been diagnosed with emphysema.  I want to quit and am looking forward (1 day at a time) to being an ex-smoker.  Thank you for this group. hagd all.

0 Kudos
sactown

Hello fellow quitters! I quit smoking on May 1st 2010  after 7 years of puffing and for me i've been up and down. sometimes i feel like i can really do it and be strong, then something happens at work and i'm dying for a break but i know i can beat them, WE can beat them! Good luck to everyone who is trying to quit this month, dont give up!

0 Kudos
lucky5

my date is 5-4-2012 YES

0 Kudos
ninaross723

HELLO, MY NAME IS NINA... MY START DATE FOR QUITTING IS MAY 9TH... HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE MY MOTHER'S DAY GIFT TO MYSELF... LOL .  I'VE TRIED QUITTING SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO SUCESS... AND I TRULY BELIEVE IT'S MAINLY BECAUSE MY HUSBAND IS ALSO A SMOKER! I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE.. BUT WITH THE HELP FROM YOU GOOD PEOPLE AND THE HOTLINE ,I WILL SUCCEED!!!   GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOD BLESS!!   NINAROSS723

0 Kudos
lucky123

hello smoker my day two quit is may 25 i realy need help to quit i have health reason andi have been a smoker four thirty years. cant wait when i can finaly say i dont smoke any more!!! yeah

0 Kudos
ridinwind

My quit date is tomorrow, may 6. I have done some mental prep and have quite severaltimes before. The longest was for six month (many years ago). the lat time was for two months. I know that many say the cravings go away, but for me, they seem to be there even many days and weeks after quitting.

I hope reading some here will help. I am going to do it this time!

0 Kudos
mindy15

Hi Everyone,

My name is Maru and Mindy is my foster cat and login name. My quit date was May 3rd. I have been smoking for 20 years...WOW I feel bad writing that number down...I have tried to quit before but I am hoping this is the last time. I am afraid of what smoking has done to my body...I want to live a healthy life...smoke free.  I joined to be accountable and because those around me heard it before...not sure if they take me seriously...My friends don't smoke and don't understand what I am going thru...I find comfort in the blogs knowing someone else is experiencing what I am. It is also nice to reach out and help support and encourage those who are having a bad day!!

SAY IT NOW

IF YOU HAVE A TENDER MESSAGE,

OR A LOVING WORD TO SAY,

DON't WAIT 'TILL YOU FORGET IT,

BUT WISPER IT TODAY,

THE TENDER WORDS UNSPOKEN,

THE LETTER NEVER SENT,

THE LONG-FORGOTTEN MESSAGES,

THE WEALTH OF LOVE UNSPENT,

FOR THESE SOME HEARTS ARE BREAKING,

FOR THESE SOME LOVED ONES WAIT,

THAN GIVE THEM WHAT THEY ARE NEEDING,

BERORE IT IS TOO LATE!

I am looking forward to this journey.........Maru

0 Kudos
mommabeth15

Sorry I've been gone so long... my original quit date was May 1st, but I wasn't able to start buying the patch until now.  My new quit date is May 10th.  I'm very excited to start this journey with all of you!

0 Kudos
karenanne

Hi May quitters.  My name is Karen and Im on day 5.  I cant believe ive made it this far without a cig.  whooohooo.  Good luck to all newbies and long termers too.  I feel llike im getting stronger but keeping it one day at a time.

0 Kudos
suzzie-Q

Hi, my name is Suzzie. My quit date is May 28th. I have tired to quit several times since December 2009. I live with a smoker, but this time, I will do it. I have a plan, and so far being able to delay is going well. I will continue with the delays, either till I don't want a smoke, or my quit date, wich ever comes first. It isn't easy learning not to smoke, but it does work, and craveings do pass. Having lots to do helps also. Making my daughters prom dress, means no smoking well working on the satin, sewing a baby sweeter means no smoking well knitting!.... Keep bussy seems to be the key. Also in place of a cigarett in the mouth, either a carrott stick, or celery stick works, you get a great flavour every time to take a drag, and you can chew it......... Yum.

0 Kudos