cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

crashster

Marijuana and Quitting

So I've quit smoking cigarettes, after 14 years of a pack a day.

I do, however, still smoke pot.  As a matter of fact, I think smoking it rolled up has made quitting cigarettes a much less daunting task.  My urges are way down, and when I just can't take the need to smoke, I roll one up and smoke it like a cigarette.  I don't smoke anywhere even close to as much pot as I did tobacco.  I average 3-4 joints a day.

My question is, am I doing more harm than good?  Is this "cheating" going to help me quit cigarettes long term, or will the cravings remain as long as I satisfy them with a joint?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
crashster

I should also mention that I plan on switching to using my vaporizer only within a month or two, therefore eliminating the "smoke" aspect.

0 Kudos
rev

I have found that smoking one hits of pot works better than joints in controlling cravings.

Just remember you are inhaling smoke!!!

0 Kudos
martyjones

Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Granted, marijuana is a less dangerous substance to have in your lungs, but it's still not good for you physically, and it drains your cash flow. And replacing smoke with smoke can't do anything positive in the future.

0 Kudos
96passport

Pot works great in helping me control cravings.  I think it should be legal everywhere just like it is in my state of Colorado.  Pot has so many good uses and anyone who says different is dumb.  So I say keep it up.

0 Kudos
twonch

Unfortunately I have found that weed is one of my triggers... but hell, I'm not going to stop both at the same time...lol.  I think crashster is right on as far as controling the cravings.  I would think a joint would be too much like a cig, and would cause me to want to smoke more.  I've also learnd to change my trigger to smoking a cig before hitting the ole bong.... seems to be working so far.

Good Luck, and remember puff puff pass

0 Kudos
exl

Pot is where its at when it comes to quitting...it relieves stress, puts me in a better mood, makes me laugh, helps me sleep at night.  A few hits of good pot each evening when I get home from work it just what the doctor ordered.  In fact, quitting cigs has made me feel less bad about all the pot I smoke!  haha, one bad habit at a time, eh??

0 Kudos
crashster

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds it beneficial.  Granted, there will be people on both sides of the fence, and of course it isn't a viable solution for everyone looking to quit smoking, but for those of you who feel like you've tried everything but still can't quit, I highly recommend trying joints instead.

0 Kudos
webmiztris

Pot helps me too.  I'm so accustomed to coming home from work, lighting up a smoke, doing a couple one-hits of weed and playing guitar.  Having quit smoking cigs for the past two days, it's relieving to know I can at least still smoke weed!  Worst thing though has been how tired I've been getting.  Quitting smoking has fatigued the crap out of me.  Smoking weed only makes me more tired....but so what?   If I have to sleep a little extra over  these first crucial days, so be it.  It's such a shame that weed isn't legal.  If anything, CIGARETTES should be illegal....they're so much worse for ya! 

0 Kudos
arkitan

Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Granted, marijuana is a less dangerous substance to have in your lungs, but it's still not good for you physically, and it drains your cash flow. And replacing smoke with smoke can't do anything positive in the future.

martyjones 2 days ago

Now Id like to know what weed this guy is smoking?

You do know that since the price of cigs have gone way up, there really isnt much difference in price between weed prices and cig prices.

I spend much less on weed than I EVER do on cigs.

In addition, alot of people think that its the nicotine that you are addicted to when smoking cigs, but if you actually take the time to look at the ingredients on your cig pack, it simply states that there is more tar in cigs than there is nicotine.

So hence, you are addicted to the tar more than the nicotine, not that the added nicotine doesnt help/

Inhaling smoke means nothing.

It all depends on what the smoke was created from.

Since weed is natural, the smoke will NOT harm you.

Thats my opinion,

AJ

0 Kudos