cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

liljay24

First timer

Hi everyone! This is going to be my frist time trying to quit. I've never tried before because I don't want to not be able to do something. My quit date is scheduled for Feb. 8. Wish me luck!!! Any tips, tricks, advice, etc. would be appreciated. Good luck to everyone else!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lisa5639

its my first time quitting to good luck

0 Kudos
shelleykayo

Hi, I am also trying to stop smoking with my quit date as Feb. 1st. How long have you been smoking? For me 30 years. I was just diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) so I know I can no longer smoke but it isn't easy to break this years long addiction. How long have you been smoking and why do you want to quit? Hope to hear back from you. Shelley

0 Kudos
keekee

Its not my first time trying to quit, but its my first time to day trying something new. My doctor prescribed me bupropion which I started today and I joined this website. As for the bupropion you can research the side effects. The WedMD site is pretty much saying what my doctor and pharmacy infomation said. I took the first two tablets this morning and I feel a little different hope I can sleep tonight. I can still smoke for about a week but only had the one strong urge(6:30am) before I  took the tablets. But its only the first day so I'll see what happens. May God bless you and me and all who needs him. Pray everyday for strength to make through one urge at a time.

P.S.  I just thought of the one urge at a time prayer. see you try to encourage others and end up encouraging yourself 🙂

0 Kudos
akzookeeper

Hello ' Ive tried to quit  few times, but this time I have to, I do o k around the house but I work in a bar ..... Patrons smoking don't bother me.... but he habit of having one going in a rush is still there ...any suggestions... I'm  quitting  1/22

0 Kudos
liljay24

hey everyone thanks for commenting.

Shelly-I've been smoking since I was 20 so about 6 years now. I want to quit smoking because I just got married and we plan on having kids and I want to be healthy. Also because before I started smoking I was a runner and it was awesome, calming time for me and I tried to go for a run(first one in a few years) and it SUCKED!!! I hate being out of shape and not getting the most out of my exercise time because Im gasping for breathe and wanting a cig.!!  Sorry to hear about the hypertension I work in the medical field so I know all of the horrible things smoking does! Just glad we're all going to quit!!! 🙂

Lisa-good luck to you as well.

keekee- you can do it and anytime you feel like you need encouragement let me know! Im sure when I hit my quit date Im going to need a lot of encouragement!!

akzookeeper- It's so hard to break routines! I sometimes don't even want a cig. particularly but before meetings and usually after as well I just have to do it! I don't any suggestions really....I guess try to do something else before a rush but honestly I have no idea what. It's pretty awesome that the patron's smoking doesn't bother you! If I see someone else smoking I usually just join in. good luck on Friday!!

0 Kudos