cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MargieK

MargieK's Nicotine-Free Vision

When I see myself as a non-smoker. I see me be able to sing and hit my high notes flawlessly. I see a future with my grandkids and taking long walks in the woods, and dancing and doing fun activities. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

🙂 Do you sing currently or just looking to get back into it? Are high notes hard to sing?  What do you enjoy most about walking in the woods? Who do you go with?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
MargieK

@CommunityAdmin Good morning! 🙂  Yes I do currently sing, mostly at Karaoke doing cover tunes, but I also have other musicians in Seattle I correspond with. They send me material/music and I try to write lyrics to the music and vice versa. I will send them lyrics and a melody of how I want it to go,  then they create  around that. 

I will be heading to Seattle in September  to do a 4 weeks stint in the  recording studio to get it all mixed down and record.  and yes, my  high notes are very rough, so I have had  to change the highs a bit. It seems like when I try to go into my high ranges  it strips out and there is no sound.

Some of my range has came back since I have quit smoking so I expect it to keep getting better and better.

I love walking in the woods with my grandkids. They really enjoy learning about different woodland animals, sometimes we just sit and listen to all the sounds in the forest. I think what I like best about the woods is that fresh earthy smell , peace and tranquility the woods have. It's been a bit cold lately so we haven't visited there in awhile. I cannot wait till spring. I want many more days like these with my grandchildren.  They are my inspiration to stay a non  smoker.

Well thanks for taking interest in my smoke free vision of my life. Have a wonderful non smoke-filled day!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MargieK That's amazing! 

And thanks for posting your Nicotine-Free Vision. You posted it in the correct place.

Boy we have some voice talent here on EX!  I know @JonesCarpeDiem previously performed and @Giulia also had some on-screen roles as well.  At EX Weekend get togethers members have brought their instruments and have played and sang which was a joy to watch.  You may uncover some more musicians around the site as well.  I definitely have seen some members with pictures on stage ( @agthornton007 I think) as their avatars or within their posts and @CrazyQuitter I believe has mentioned music in their posts as well.

Maybe you can share some of your talent in Music Lovers | Group?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex community and this site. Thanks for posting your smoke free vision. 

8f772996c438f869e186ed84640c96f9.jpg

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome, @MargieK 

GREAT vision!  Although a couple of us  I saw your post,  I fear most in the community may not.  To remedy that, I recommend you write a blog to introduce yourself to the community (Ex Community-top left; then center blue box-"Post a Journal/Blog").  You might include your nicotine use history, what delivery system you are using, why you want to quit, your quit date if you have set one, and anything else about yourself you care to share.  You will reach a wider audience this way.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Nancy

0 Kudos