cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
Carol5

I quit on March 18th, so I am on day 19 today. I am using Chantix and loving the new me. Really enjoying the new smells and tastes I have. I love the wonderful comments I keep getting and the ability to run and smile. I am almost 34 and I really love the idea of growing old with my hubby and children.

Carol

0 Kudos
carlzilla

Hey  everyone just checkin in with my progress, it has now been 12 days since i quit cigarettes. I must admit i have slipped just a tad bit, but im still going strong on my journey to more healthier smokeless life. Hope you all are doing well!

0 Kudos
deb-k

Hey Marchers, Don't get down on your self if you slip up. Just commit and try again. We all make bad decisions.Finding this site has been a lifesaver for me.Now on day 32' I quit on March 7th. Can't wait till next March when we can say it's been a year.So stay strong Marchers we can do this together.  Deb k

0 Kudos
deb-k

Hi Marchers,     Was out and about today and I seemed to notice all the smokers. It didn't make me want one, it made me feel sorry for them. Guess that's a good sign.Carry On  Deb k

0 Kudos
carlzilla

20 days in! I'm feeling better and better with each day, stay strong!

0 Kudos
Carol5

I am now past my 30 days of being smoke free. I now enter into NML (no man's land). I am not worried about it, but I am not feeling well about it. I have came down with a bad sinus infection/ laryngitis and still not feeling up to par. I feel that my eye site is cloudy. I am not sure what is to be expected these next hours, days, weeks, and months; however, I do know that I will get through this quit to the end.

This is my first and last quit and I will not lose this battle for no one. I own this and will continue to own it. 

God bless and I wish everyone a blessed Easter.

Carol

0 Kudos
sunflower32

Hey everybody! I just quit today on Easter! I hope to meet everyone and congrats on your quits.

0 Kudos
fred927

Just joined the Group! I quit on March 15th (43 days,more than six weeks). It seems to be getting tougher, not easier, :-(. Anybody got some good, sage advice to staying on track? Is there a source for a Sponsor I could be accountable to, or a fellow Marcher I can communicate with via email or this forum? Just looking for some mutual support!

0 Kudos
linda.mustafa

Just joined the group, looking forward to learning from you guys!

I quit smoking on the 4th of April 2014 after more than 25 years of 'killing myself' :)...

I chose to go 'cold turkey' as I am a great believer that a human being is as strong as it needs to be and that with perseverance we can achieve anything !

It is not easy by all means but I am determined to get there!

Wish you all good luck and success 🙂

0 Kudos
Carol5

Hi everyone. It is now my 47th day quit!!!! Doing this with all of you has helped me out a great deal. I love reading posts, comments, and receiving messages. No Man's Land (NML) is after you start your 30th day. It is not always fun. Had some really horrible days where I could not get out of bed. Felt like I didn't sleep an ounce. Just breathing, running, walking or whatever it takes.....JUST PROTECT YOUR QUIT......THIS IS A DO or DIE!!!

Hugs to you all. We can and will do this together.

Carol

0 Kudos