cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
deb-k

To all the new EXers seems like the first week is the hardest. I too started my journey on March 7, 22 days I'm also using Chantix .Im feeling stronger hope I'm not eating more .Dont  need that but  I guess one hurdle at a time .I have found that when I let myself think of that awful habit if possible I come to this site and read blogs that seems to give me strength.So hang in there everyone each day is another victory . One Day At A Time.Cant. wait to have a lot  more days smoke free .Good Luck To All.       Deb k

0 Kudos
reet65-2

Quit this week but have had a few slip ups. I turned 49 earlier this week and promised myself I'd be healthy by my 50th birthday. Glad I found this site and am working on breaking my triggers, New quit date tomorrow. Good health to you all 🙂 

0 Kudos
annb

So glad to find "our" group!  Yay!  March on!!!!

0 Kudos
clareau

Hi everyone!  I'm on day 4.  I started 11 days ago, but I had a slip up, so now I have started over.  It is a little harder during the weekend because my hubby smokes and it makes it alittle harder, but now I am committed to being a non smoker.

I'm glad I found this website and I will comment on it regularly;.

Carolyn

0 Kudos
deb-k

Hey marchers, Sounds like everyone is hanging in there. Life is to short to have smokes control us. One day at a time and just don't pick up. March On.     3-30-14.    Deb k

0 Kudos
Carol5

Today I just hit day 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not to bad. I just have been going through constipation and wanting more cuddles. I wrote this earlier today, and will share with you all. I hope this will help us all to regain the freedom that smoking took from us.

Something that may help more to understand the pain I am going through.

Thank you all. I am so happy to see what you have to say. It helps me to get through my good and not so good days.

The habit of it all is horrible and it messes with our brain with being such a mental addition. It pains me that I have allowed SOMETHING to control my life for so long. It is like running away from an abusive relationship with no justice system to intervene. You make a choice to remove the potency of it, and yet it comes into your home through the shadows of the darkness. It visits you while you are with friends at night, or even shows up a your place of work without an invite. Tries to seduce you in all aspects of your life. If this was a man that your daughter dated, what would you do to save her? How can you do that with an invisible and silent killer that was and still is a everyday nightmare that is impossible to shake loose?

This is just one of the ways I found that makes the most sense in explaining smoking to a non-smoker. I was just as uneducated about the addicts of a drug addict. NOW, I understand.....shame on me for allowing this control when God is to be my #1!!!!!

Love you all dearly,  Carol 

0 Kudos
deb-k

Good luck everyone!

0 Kudos

I think I have held the record of quitting smoking!  This time is for good - it has to be!  I was diagnosed with COPD and will be 52 this year.  I do not want to go back to smoking!  Need all the support I can get! Day 2 for me!  Using the patch.

0 Kudos

Hey all . Have not quit yet.  I just set my quit day for the 30th need time to see my Dr.

0 Kudos
rjmason101

Hi there,

I quit on March 20, the first day of Spring!  I'm on day 14 of being smoke-free!

0 Kudos