cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
Carol5

Today is Day 4 of my Quit using Chantix. I am feeling great. A little bowel issues that a little more water will help and increase in Jumping Jacks. For all of you that are just now quitting, try to take it hour by hour first. Then when you are ready do day to day. I still cannot do the day to day. That is alright. I still have not touched a cigarette. 

Also, do research on what are the symptoms of withdrawal. They help you to see what you may be having to deal with. Not all of us will deal with these, but it helps you to understand what your body has been doing with the help of the nicotine stimulant. I was very surprised to find out that when you first stop you crave sweets because your body takes 20 minutes to make its own sugar. This was big to me, because I was trying to figure out why I has such a huge sweet tooth. Without the stimulant from the nicotine, your body has to regain the ability to produce sugar by itself. 

With this increased knowledge, I have found that if I wait for 20 mins after I finish my first helping I end up being satisfied. I have not gained extra weight at this point. I do jumping jacks and take walks when I feel the restlessness. 

Hope this helps us all.

Carol

0 Kudos
tracyo

Wow. I just stumbled onto this website looking for some support as I attempt AGAIN to quit smoking.  I have been cutting back for about a week, giving myself pep talks for about a month, but my support system is weak.  My husband smokes but only a few of my friends do.  My biggest problem is I am a closet smoker for the most part so it is very hard to enlist support from friends and coworkers who do not know me as a "smoker".  I am thrilled to find this site and look forward to encouraging all of you as well as getting support through our mutual struggles.  My quit date is set for later this week so here goes nothing!

0 Kudos
Carol5

Tonight is my Day 6 of my quit. It is 4 in the morning and I cannot sleep past an hour. I did the dishes and am trying to go back to sleep. If this does not work I quess I will have a clean house by morning. 

Wishing everyone a wonderful night's sleep.

Carol

0 Kudos
mrsc55

My quit date was March 20,  1st day of spring seemed ideal. Using nicoderm patches and it is foing great, I still reach for something in my hand out of habit, then remember Oh yeah I quit!! Already feeling better and don't miss the stink.So glad I found the Ex program

0 Kudos
carlzilla

First day smoke free! I'll adnmit i had the smokers urge hard earlier in the morning but i got through it, proudly, i hope you all are doing well in your own journeys!

0 Kudos
jcameron

day # 8  how is everyone doing ????

0 Kudos
butjazz

I am on day 9.. still have a couple of bad cravings everyday... but talking to myself, hanging on. And i am already liking the much cleaner and healthier ME. 

Good luck to all you Marchers.... together, we can make it!!!

0 Kudos
Carol5

Day 9 and still going strong. Love the fact I smell better, feel better, and breathe better. 

Minute by minute, hour by hour, or day by day whatever works for you do it. For you will succeed. 

0 Kudos
rajesh

Day 1 of my quitting after so many years of smoking. 

Praying to God to help me to stay quit.

Requesting for your support also to stay quit.

0 Kudos
rajesh

Quit today.

Praying to GOD to help me to stay quit.

Reqesting your support to stay quit.

0 Kudos