cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
mike4

Good morning to all, just checking in to say stay smoke free it's the only way to be.
0 Kudos
sheila17

Morning to all, Let's all just stay smoke free another day. It helps me to read everyones comments and talk with everyone. THANKS. Oh today is day 32. NancyO:-) my Quit date was the 20th @ 1015pm.
0 Kudos
sheila17

Doc-how's things with you. Haven't heard from you in a while. Day 32, I'm doing good.
0 Kudos
nancy_o

Good morning all....Here's wishing everyone a GREAT SMOKE-FREE DAY. 🙂
0 Kudos
becka

I am amazed that I am still smoke free on this my 35th day. The other day my grandaughter made the remark that the family thought I would never quit. I am really amazed at myself getting this far.I think I need to come up with a way to begin to think of myself as a non-smoker. That is the one thing I have realized recently. I still think about cigarettes throughout the day every day all day. Maybe if I could begin to loose the memory of being a smoker I could view myself as a non smoker. Anyway no matter what I think or how often I think about smoking I still am not smoking cigarettes anymore. I realize that I can't wipe out 43 years of smoking habits in just a little over a month,so I will continue to wear this patch and come to this forum and maybe one day soon I will not wake up thinking about a cigarette.
0 Kudos
heidi8

Becka - CONGRATULATIONS!!! So, the right attitude about this monkey on all our backs. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and whatever happens, or how much you "think" about smoking - just DON'T SMOKE. You are making great strides and as most will tell you, it does get easier over time. Just watch for those nasty triggers - most of which will not "be" triggers in just a short while...watch for what happens when you stop with the patch too...just prepare yourself and you will be FINE! Keep going!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Way to go Becka. Just keep saying I am a non smoker, you became a non smoker 35 days ago. Feels great doesn't it. When you think about cigarettes just think how great it is that you are no longer a slave to smoking them, you are free.
0 Kudos

I made a visit to my doctor's office yesterday for a treadmill test...gotta see if I've done anything adverse to the old ticker. The tech who was wiring me up asked why I was having that test done, I told her that I'd quit smoking and my doc wanted to do a complete workup on my health.

She congratulated me and then said she'd quit 3 and a half years ago. Instant connection. You can tell a person who has never smoked that you are or have quit and get a reaction, but only a former smoker really knows the value of what you've done and how hard it was to come to the decision to quit.

Only a former smoker knows...and there is a bond.
0 Kudos
donna34

Congrats NancyO!!!!!!
0 Kudos
stacey6

Still surviving on day 35. Quit on March 21st.
0 Kudos