cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
teresa15

Hi Erica, do you feel totally stressed about your quit? Is your mind working overtime trying to stay smoke free? That could wear a person out. Try to stay positive, exercise and drink a lot of water. Your doing great! Enjoy every minute of being smoke free!
0 Kudos
heidi8

Erica, I've had the same experience when I've quit before and I think depending on how your body processes the nicotine, YES, it very much has something to do with it. Exercise, gets lots of sleep - at the "normal" time - go to bed a bit earlier than usual for the next week or so, drink lots of water..and oh, did I say, exercise? I don't mean you have to do aerobics for an hour and sweat like a butcher, just take a bunch of little walks; the fresh air and I DO MEAN fresh - no carcinogens - will help wake you up as well. Try to stay away from caffiene if that is a trigger for you, or just on general principle to keep from getting caffiene jitters. Good luck honey, you can do this! The water helps to flush out all the nasty that's in your body. Do you take a multivitamin? That will help a bit too.
0 Kudos
teresa15

One week today, and love being a non smoker. Yeah for me!!!!
0 Kudos
amber11

Congratulations Teresa! I am on day five and loving it. This time is the one for me. My uncle was a heavy smoker for 20 years and he told me that when I was truly ready to quit, it would not be as hard. He was right, in the past I always found an excuse to have just one. This time THAT IS NOT A OPTION! I feel great being able to say that. I believe that finding this sight, and having all the support from it has been insrumental in my success so far. SOOO HOORAY for all of us, we can do this!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hi Amber. It sounds like you are feeling the same way I am.Its an awesome feeling that I never want to lose. I hope everyday is just as easy for you as it has been for me. Not even thinking an=bout smoking anymore. Now that's amazing. I used to joke that if everyone quit smoking think of all the people that would be out of jobs, it was my duty to keep them employed? Sorry, could not support them if I was dead anyway. LOL ! Keep up the great work. Hows your son/ Fully recovered yet? I never had my tonsils out so I don't know how it feels.
0 Kudos
stebunny

Hey guys- its been one year and a day since my last smoke- I cannot believe it- I feel awesome physically and mentally. I really have to thank Chantix for the help. What a great anniversary! If anyone needs anything dont hesitate to contact me : )
0 Kudos
samantha3

I can't get on at home...I don't know why...so i couldn't get on at all this weekend...last night was a bit rough, and i didn't sleep well, but i am on day 8. I was hoping it would get easier (now that the so-called "hell week" is over) but today is the worst day! I am not crazy and on edge like i was was on day 3, but today is the closest i have come to actually buying smokes and i seriously consider having a cigarette every 5 minutes...its getting harder and harder to say no to the urge...don't worry, i will resist it, but man, it's wearing me out!!!!!
0 Kudos
teresa15

stebunny. Congratulations! You must feel great! I am taking Chantix also, do you remember how long you had to take it? I can not wait until I hit my one year anniversary.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Samantha, I thought more about cigarettes today then the past few days but never thought about smoking one. I realized I had not taken my chantix and that stopped. Maybe this has to to with getting over the one week mark? Hang in there, just think how great it will be when we hit the 2 week mark.
0 Kudos
jen25

It's been 2 days and so far no smokes. smoking is not even an option anymore. it's killing me little by little, and i have 5 beautiful children to raise. thanks for being so supportive everyone ( =
0 Kudos