cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
teresa15

Great Job Amber! You can do this. You do not want to be a smoker anymore and your husband really doesn't either, he just does not have the courage to try. I know it has to be hard with him smoking. Thank God my husband quit 3 years ago after watching his father die from smoking. I did not have the courage then, but am so glad that I am doing it now. Halfway through day three and loving it!
0 Kudos
amber11

Good for you!!! I am not too stressed about my husband not quitting. He knows that I haven't had one since yesterday, so when he gets home he will be very supportive and not let me see him smoke. I plan on putting a pair of craft google eyes on an empty pack so I can really get into yelling at them HAHAHA
0 Kudos
amber11

Today is the big day, and so far so good. I have had a few intense cravings but I just rode them out. I have not had a cig since 9:30 last night. Every time I start obsessing about needing to go outside and sneak just one puff, I go stare in the mirror and remind myself why I am doing this. For myself, my son, my family. It really ticks me off that I have become such a slave to the habit. When I was unloading the groceries I saw my husband's pack in the garage and just stood there and cursed them out. Yes...I yelled at a pack of smokes. But it made me feel great! Then I flipped them off, went inside, and laughed my butt off
0 Kudos
samantha3

Amber...I, too,am tired of being a slave to this...i know its terrible for me, and i know it tastes bad, and smells bad, and that was what drove me to finally set a date (on Day 3...woot-woot!) is that i dont want to let it beat me...I have to keep telling myself that i can't let this beat me!! I am a slave to nothing!
  at least thats what i try to tell myself when i am twitching every 30 seconds and am so edgy i can't think straight...
  I like the idea of decorating an empty pack!!! Its brilliant!!!! I might have to do that!!!!
0 Kudos
teresa15

I have not even been able to look out back at my old smoking spot. I know that the empty pack of cigarettes, the lighter and ashtray are still out there. I just can't bear to go out there yet. Funny, its some place I used to go at least 20 times a day and I have not even looked out the back door in almost three days. About the closest I have been to a pack of cigarettes is walking by the counter at the store. Then I just smile and think "Your not getting my money anymore".
  Whatever works to keep us smoke free!
0 Kudos
antonia

hi my date is coming fast like others in my 25 years of smoking only one other time i tried to quit it was with this timer machine which cost in the 90s 100.00. i quit for 60 days then my mom got cancer i didnt just buy a pack i bought a carton. this time i know im ready. i stink and my complexion is auwful from this deamon, its satan in a costume i hate him god bless everyone thankyou toni amen,
0 Kudos
pam-arnold

Icomment by pam I am just saying i am going to try and quit smoking saturday the 7th of March. I tried a while back but i started up again so am going to try again and i hope i can make it this time. I just need to stay busy all though i do not work do to my health this is why i want to quit and for my family and self. if anyone has a suggesstion i would appriciate all of them.
0 Kudos
theresa

how are you people even getting thru the first day. i'm getting rushes of anxiety even preparing for this!
0 Kudos
betty10

Teresa - It took a long time to work up to my quit day. I made a list of all of the reasons why I hated smoking, but was still a slave to it. That helped a lot. I look at the list often. I have a water bottle close by and take sips. I'm taking my frustration out on the house, it's in the process of getting cleaner than it's been in a long time. You can do it! Say YES to no longer being under tobacco's control.
0 Kudos
amber11

Hey Teresa, I am on day two and if I can do this, anyone can. My son is having surgery tomm. so I know that it is going to be stressfull! I was sitting here thinking about it and got the urge to smoke so bad! Instead of giving in I threw my shoes on and went for a walk. I have been reading everyone's comments for the last week and it has helped so much to know that I am not alone. Anytime you need some encouragement just let me know and I will try to help. You can do this:)
0 Kudos