cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DOCmarkC

March Quitters

I wonder if we start getting a bunch of new members starting late this month?
  Then we will have the '08's and the '09's!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
heidi8

I know! Of course, maybe I'm being prepared for that...being a woman in a particular phase of life...ahem! ...I already wake up several times a night and am thoroughly exhausted..how much worse can it get? I may regret asking that, but am starting again on the Chantix in the next few weeks to get my quit going. In the meantime, keep going. You seem to have such amazing drive and commitment to your quit. I really admire that and it is inspiring for those of us just wandering down this all too easy to defer path!
0 Kudos
DOCmarkC

Wow thanks!
  I express my drive for two reasons. First is selfish. If I jump up and down and wave my arms and yell to the world that they need to quit and that they can do it as long as they are strong and don't lie to themselves. Then there is no way I could relapse and ever forgive myself. It is my own tether keeping me in check.
  Secondly (I know, the honorable thing would be to have this one first) is I want to help people realize that they CAN do it. To help people see that each individual minute and separate urge to quit is not a big deal. Individually they are easy to suppress and get past. It is the worrying about how to go the rest of your life without the beloved cigarette that makes people take them up again.
  I started this group LAST March. The numbers grew until April. I think there are 4 or 5 of the original members left.
  Please stick around and be part of the celebration next year.
0 Kudos
betty10

Bobby - I moved my quit day up to today, couldn't imagine buying one more pack just to get to my original quit day of the 4th. At this moment I'm thinking about all of the things I am now free of: having to go out side to have a smoke, worrying about running out and when to buy more. I know it will be a struggle after many years of carrying that ball and change but am really looking forward to fresher breath, cleaner teeth, easier breathing, more energy. etc. Hang in there! You're not alone.
0 Kudos
heidi8

Go Bobby! The first few days are hard, but you CAN do this...hang tough and don't believe any of the lies your mind will try to tell you; "just one won't hurt"..."I can start again, tomorrow...", "who really cares anyway?"..it's all BS - One WILL hurt, why have to go thru the first day again?, WE care! Good luck
0 Kudos
butterflybp2

On day two!Yea for me.........
0 Kudos
tomee

Day 1 was a breeze. I'm ready for day 2 through thousands more! Good luck everyone, you can do this too!
0 Kudos
teresa15

When I first joined the ex site I joined the Feb. Quit, But didn't make my goal! I can proudly say I am now day on day two of my quit. I had a lot of fear about quitting, but after reading Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" my fear was not so bad. I highly suggest this book if you are still on the fence about quitting or having a hard time right now. You can download this book free online, Do a google search on Penguin books +Allen Carr and it should be the first one. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain. Everyone is doing a great job.
0 Kudos
samantha3

Hello All! I am on day 2, and doing okay, except for the unbelievable disorientation (like those old becoming an ex videos, where the guy has to relearn how to drink coffee...where are those videos these days?) How are all of you doing? Day 2 is harder than Day 1 for me! I sent an email to my entire division at work, letting them know I need their support, and they have been really great about it!! It helps! I also posted a whiteboard outside my cubicle, telling how many days without a cigarette, to remind them to support me...Point is, ASK for support, here, or wherever, because its really helps to have everyone say "Way to be, how are you doing today?"
0 Kudos
heidi8

Samantha - what a great idea! What fabulous co-workers too. Sometimes the subsequent days are harder than Day 1 and then one day...they aren't. Keep going; you owe it to yourself to be a healthier you! Hang tough and don't believe any of the lies the cigarettes want to tell you...those butts are idiots! You can do this!
0 Kudos
teresa15

Hang in there Samantha, you can do this. You will be even more proud of yourself tonight for making it through the day then you were yesterday. I am on day 2 also, I just need to get over the times I know I should be smoking. I tell myself it will pass just like it did yesterday and it does. Today is not any harder than yesterday, and yesterday was not that bad! Tomorrow will be easier and so will each day after that. Be Proud, Be Strong!
0 Kudos