cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zeke

Made it back with hippie van! Being evacuated due to hurricane Gustav.

It was quite a trip and I look forward to shareing it with all of you but we are being evacuated due to hurricane Gustav. We are gathering up cherished items. For the first time in all our hurricane experience I am not sure if we will have a house when i get back. We will be in Houston to ride out the hurricane.

As you can imagine we are busy around here. And I almost have a month without smoking! I just need to survive the stress of Gustav! I have to leave the hippie van here but i will take some pictures tomorrow in case it is killed by Gustav.

Though we are being evacuated out of our area we will still be in the hurricane so I'll take pictures for you all!

Peace,

Zeke
0 Kudos
21 Replies
ed_6

Hey Zeke, nice to meet you.I know what youre going through.
as Im here near Beaumont Texas and am NOT evacuating.I have a 73 year old father who has 3 dogs and will not leave them behind. Im not from down here origanlly and really dont have any place to go.I just started this Ex plan and just set a date.Ive been watching my triggers and have cut down quite a bit.But worrying about this storm is killing me.
Im trying but its so hard.Man just be strong and Ill pray for you as i hope you do for me.Good luck,be strong and God Bless You.
P.S Im ready to get off this gulf coast and get back too Ohio
0 Kudos
missy8

Zeke you and your family are in my thoughts, please be safe! I am interested to see what pics you get to take, and I hope everything is in relatively good condition when you return. I have no idea what you are going through, but stay strong and remember that no natural disaster can ever make you smoke again! 🙂
0 Kudos
debbie53

I was worried about you and your home Zeke! I'm sending a few prayers up for ya and good vibes your way! Take care, be safe and let us hear from you when you get the chance.
I'm thinking about you Sunshine!
Me
0 Kudos
marty5

hey bud........Keep us posted as lot's of folk are thinking about you and hoping all will be well. Sounds ilke it could
really be a doosy. Get the heck out of there and get to higher ground and be safe doin'it. Hope you can keep your
quit through all this. We're both part of that Aug 1st club. I've been doing good. Not without some anguish, but overall...doing pretty good. Let us know how you are. Later.....
0 Kudos
kelley

Good luck to you brother,
my heart goes out to you and your family! Will be sending you some energy!

Kelley
0 Kudos
sharon54

Zeke -take care and good luck
0 Kudos
donna22

Hey Zeke, hope all goes well for you, stay safe and let us know how you are when you can.
0 Kudos
debbie53

Texas Les is going to ride it out! She's further north than you are though. I'm glad your taking out of there during this! Let us hear from you when you can Sunshine.
0 Kudos
becky16

Hey Zeke,
You'll be in my prayers. Stay safe when your taking your pictures. This looks like it is gong to be a bad one, again. It will at least be great that you don't have to worry about where your cigs are coming from through this. Keep up your great quit! Hope all stays well with you....I'll be thinking of you and watching for your comments.
0 Kudos