cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hope-25

MAYDAY

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY 

I am heading for a cigarette. God help me. 

26 Replies
elvan

STOP, please, please STOP.  Restarting a quit is harder than to just keep going.  No matter what is happening, it is STILL going to be happening if you smoke.  If you are angry, let it out, if you are sad, cry, if you are lonely, call someone, if you are hungry, eat, if you are tired, take a nap.  The crave will pass and no crave ever killed anyone but no one can say that about cigarettes.

Hang on, drink a HUGE glass of water, you CAN do this and you clearly want to or you would not have posted.

Gentle hugs,

Ellen

Hope-25

Praise  to God . The crisis has gone well. Thank you for your support. Without you I would have lit a cigarette. Now I'm afraid of the next time. When will I get rid of this nightmare.

marciem

Hope... when did you quit?

The wonderful thing about getting beyond a crisis is, your quit is now stronger and the next crises (yes there will be more... that's just LIFE) will have that much less power to drive you to smoke.   That's a fact and a promise.  It WILL get easier!! 

So don't fear the next time... you already know what to do, and you did it this time.  We'll be here as many times as you need.

I'm very proud of you for making this strong commitment to stay smoke free, and following through with the action of asking for help when needed to keep that commitment!!

Mandolinrain

One day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time. You did well today coming here! Bravo! Think of breathing slow in nose and exhale slow out mouth next time. Hugs and congrats!

jonimarie

you did it

0 Kudos
jonimarie

just keep saying that I did it......because you made it without  a cigarette

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Nope, you came here first.  You don't really want to smoke. You may want to stop the uncomfortable feelings or the stress or whatever.  You don't smoke anymore so you need to find other things to do.  God bless ya, you can do this!!  Don't give up on yourself.

SimplySheri

LauraSB

Good for you HOPE-25 for not doing it! Stay strong! If the thought of having a smoke ever crosses my mind, I just ask myself, "is it worth the guilt I will feel afterwards?" And I know it will taste awful too after not having smoked for a while. That feeling of guilt after relapsing (as I have many times before this quit) is the worst feeling for me. Idk if it would help you to ask the same question, but it works for me. Hang in there!

elvan

I am so happy for you, keep going, you've GOT this...coming here was seriously wise.

Ellen