cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

Looking back when I was just a newbie on this little sight---Now it's 6 months later without a PUFF!!!!!!

I really know this sight help save my life. God bless the creative minds that thought of this. Thanks to the people that thought enough about me to send me supportive information to help me. I bloded several times a day in the beginning and at least everyday for the 1st 2 months. I must say the 3rd and 4th months was my hardest. I was educated about what smoking do to my lungs and body addiction on nicotine, but my selfestem was low. I did not know how to enjoy the money that I save, my health was better than ever and I had more time on my hands. I was thinking a smoke would be nice...I was thinking you now know that you can quit this habit at any time so go smoke...(Now remember I had 3 months under my belt without a puff)...The mind did not have any recent memories of how it was when i didn't smoke and I didnot give it new fun memories of how it is now. So I start small, started taking long drives with hubby, spending more money on my grandkids, taking short weekend getaway and etc. It's almost 6 months and I am sooooo thankful for this site.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
jen39

I am so glad u wrote this. I have so many times told myself " Hey look how smoothly you quit, if you smoke just one, you can just jump right back on." Then I remember it's been 17 days (6 months is awesome, I can not wait) and I know that does not sound like a long time, but it's too long to start over. It's comforting to see that others also think "well I did it before". Great job on your quit and many more ex-smoking days wished for you.
0 Kudos
donna22

HI Val, congratulations, 6 months is awesome and it really is life changing...I'm so proud of you and thanks for the great inspiration...I also am thankful for the great people on this site....
0 Kudos
val_b

Its supportive people like you that can take this message and add the emotional and physical truth a person can feel if they take a puff, " thats why I am always reminded of the what I have learned about what nicotine addiction did to me.
This is why giving my mind new memories as a nonsmoker again has empowered me so much. thank for the insight of what can happen if you take a smoke, or think you now know how to quit., I know that information will help so many people remain grounded.
0 Kudos
val_b

Its supportive people like you that can take this message and add the emotional and physical truth a person can feel if they take a puff, " thats why I am always reminded of the what I have learned about what nicotine addiction did to me.
This is why giving my mind new memories as a nonsmoker again has empowered me so much. thank for the insight of what can happen if you take a smoke, or think you now know how to quit., I know that information will help so many people remain grounded.
0 Kudos