cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

Looking back when I was just a newbie on this little sight---Now it's 6 months later without a PUFF!!!!!!

I really know this sight help save my life. God bless the creative minds that thought of this. Thanks to the people that thought enough about me to send me supportive information to help me. I bloded several times a day in the beginning and at least everyday for the 1st 2 months. I must say the 3rd and 4th months was my hardest. I was educated about what smoking do to my lungs and body addiction on nicotine, but my selfestem was low. I did not know how to enjoy the money that I save, my health was better than ever and I had more time on my hands. I was thinking a smoke would be nice...I was thinking you now know that you can quit this habit at any time so go smoke...(Now remember I had 3 months under my belt without a puff)...The mind did not have any recent memories of how it was when i didn't smoke and I didnot give it new fun memories of how it is now. So I start small, started taking long drives with hubby, spending more money on my grandkids, taking short weekend getaway and etc. It's almost 6 months and I am sooooo thankful for this site.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
val_b

Thanks for the shout out and congrats to you!!!!!
0 Kudos
val_b

Im glad you took the time to let me know it help some. Congrats to you for making and sticking to the decision to quit, I KNOW IT'S NOT EASY, BUT i know iITS WORTH IT. you can do this. get some new memories and enjoy life,
0 Kudos
val_b

Sandee, you make me smile, you are always so supportive, and you are right, it is good to check in and get and give support. Congrats to you.
0 Kudos
val_b

Way to go Debbie to you...I know it was not easy, but we did it. Congrat to you.
0 Kudos
val_b

Sandee, you make me smile, you are always so supportive, and you are right, it is good to check in and get and give support. Congrats to you.
0 Kudos
val_b

Breathing right now deep too....I got a lot to be thankful for . I have another chance to be free of smokes and im not taking it for granted.
0 Kudos
val_b

Thanks for the shout out and congrats to you!!!!!
0 Kudos
val_b

So do hangin there and make new memories for yourself. Enjoy life as a nonsmoker it it wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
hwc

Six months is so awesome. Congratulations!

Stop and take a cool deep breath. Remember trying to do that the day you quit? I bet you couldn't feel it deep into your lungs like you can now. That's my little daily reminder of why I quit and why I'm not going back.
0 Kudos