cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zeke

Les and her husband came and helped my community today!

They brought MRE's and water for very poor people who truly needed this help! They are MY heroes! And they are the heroes of a very poor community! These swamps and bayou's do not an easy living make! We just LOVE THEM!
The kids came and watched 2 hours of generater powered cartoons today! Doesnt sound like much but well....Les you and your husband are our heroes!
0 Kudos
31 Replies
becky16

Les,
Is there anything that we can do, those of us that are so far away? I really would like to help in some way, but don't know what I can do from here. What about donations if they were sent to you or Zeke? Would that be helpful at all? Please let me know....
0 Kudos
donna22

Les and ZEke you are both amazing....I was moved to tears reading this...I would also like to help please let us know how we could do that....Hugs to both of you and Les' hubby....
0 Kudos
zeke

Les! Thank you! I know when we got down to the hippies on the back of Trinity River it was a wild ride! Thank god for that big ole truck! Love ya!

Zeke
0 Kudos
les

Zeke told me yesterday he had set up a paypal account to help some of these people. Hopefully, we can get that info out on here.

Children just mess me up. I saw kids that had very little, but had big smiles on their faces, nonetheless. I took lots of video and pics...will put it all together for you all to see.

Some ideas I have to help this community are: collect clothes for the kids; collect heirloom seeds for them to plant gardens; plan a "santa" drive for Christmas toys; raise money to repair houses. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Zeke is truly awesome. He is articulate, educated, and sees the world for what it is. He loves his community and knows each and every person out there. Because Zeke took the inititative and posted what was going on, we were able to help.

One way each of you can help, is to extend your hand to your neighbor. Get to know them. I learned about my neighbors when we had no power. We were able to help an elderly couple because we stopped and talked to them while out walking one afternoon. We need to quit hiding in our homes, with doors locked and windows drawn. We have allowed ourselves to be brainwashed into thinking that everyone is out to get us. That is not true. We are missing a huge component of our world, from days gone by, when people visited with their neighbors. I have lived in many neighborhoods and never knew who many of my neighbors were.

We are teaching our children to be calloused and unempathetic to the real needs of others. I have no desire to help those who just want a hand out or will not make an effort to help themselves. We mistakenly believe that everyone is in the position they are in because they choose to be. Have you ever thought where you would be if you lost your job today? What if you couldn't find another for a month, or 6 months? It is a scary thought in today's world. God forbid a medical catastrophe happened while you are out of work, with no insurance. It happens to thousands of people every day.

"But for the grace of God, there go I".

We must pay it forward.
0 Kudos
debbie53

Very well put my Dear!!!!! I will get with you in a PM later. We would very much like to help however we can.
Talk to you soon and keep on giving people a good name! You truly inspire me to be a better ME, you both do! Have a splendid day.
Me
0 Kudos
fiveblessings

It is true that in times of need, communities band together with a lovely ferociousness that I admire. Les, you and your husband have done a very kind, admirable thing and I applaud you for that. Zeke, we will do what we can and pray for better days to come, soon I hope. You are both simply wonderful!
0 Kudos
zeke

The people here will rebuild their own homes! I promise they will and what they cant do there are those of us who will help! Our pay pal widget thing is up and hopefully working. We got a 25.00 donation so I think it is! More than anything we will need building supplies just to rebuild. I know Les and them were hit by this thing too. I'm pretty sure they have a tree on their house.

I honestly dont know how they are finding the time. Heirloom seeds are much needed. We may not catch the season but I PERSONALLY will buy or borrow an acre here and start a community garden here this Spring!

Or we have the family farm in Polk we'll damn sure plant there!

For those of you who dont know what heirloom seeds are I'd say ya better find out! We'll share seeds! As always I am a member of the seed cooperative and will share with all of you too!

Maybe I have gone over to the other side but well, after this!

I will never laugh at that man storeing food and digging that hole to, "HUNKER DOWN!"

If this had been 911 or nuclear....................................................This was a big wind from god! Crippled the 4th largest city in the USA!!!!!!!

Okay that's my speech I hope you hear our WHO Horton!

God bless us every one!
0 Kudos
zeke

We do get physical mail here. The post office had no power last time there but our PO box was full of bills! So well 🙂

Zeke Loftin
PO box 533
Hardin, Texas 77561
0 Kudos
zeke

I am TRULY so grateful for you all. 🙂 We here in Old Snake River And Trinity River Estates and South East Texas thank you. I'm sure Lesley will have some videos soon. Hopefully we can get back to filming the beauty soon! I cant imagine what I will see during my next trip to Tanner Bayou. I do know it will break my heart but life in the Bayou and on the hill will go on!
0 Kudos
becky16

Thanks Zeke!
I'll post this on my blog too. You can use all the help you can get down there, so I'll keep letting people know. Perhaps we can come up with enough to fix that little boy's house up!!
0 Kudos