cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ldj00730

Just joined

I just joined today, but I quit 2 days ago. I am using buproprion and patches. I have quit before but I am hoping this is my final attempt. 

Tags (1)
41 Replies
Cameree

I haven't smoked now in 11 days and I am feeling much better I still get the craving but I think of the promise I made to God. I told him that I needed his help I couldn't do it by myself. And I had to fast for 10 days so that helped I know I can do it because I went cold turkey 7 years ago and stopped for 3 years. Thank you for your concern for will keep in touch

MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious quit journey YAY for each and every Day WON, you are doing great .....

Congratulations for 2 days!!!! I quit for 15 years and picked them back up 12 years ago. We can do it forever this time!!!!

jconfusion

welcome and congratulations you will do just fine I am 7 years of being nicotine free.

Arwen

Just quit today too! First craving came and got out a candy cane (have a bag from Christmas) and went straight to this site to get through the craving. Made up my mind after my last cigarette and took a thoughtful 10 minutes really feeling the smoke and chemicals in my mouth and how gross I feel right after a cigarette - like I'm in a sick fog.  I don't think I've really taken that time to think through what I experience when I smoke.  Its become so routine. Every time I get a craving I am going to post something to get through the time until it passes, LOL.  Hope it works. :-}

Barb102

Welcome all. You can do this. You will get so much support here. We have all been exactly where you are right now. Nothing you will feel will surprise any of us. So stay with us. Take our hands and we will hold on to yours. Together is a great way to quit

B88FBACB-DA74-4C2E-9D2E-E2E4804B52F6.gif

sweetplt

So glad you came here when your craving hit...time helps, but if one thing doesn’t work, try another and another ... I have been known to yell in a pillow or take a shower ... hang on ... it will pass...sending vibes this too shall pass ❤️Colleen

jconfusion

you don't know how strong you are until you've tried!

ldj00730

Thank you.  I am trying to stay strong.

jconfusion

I used Nicorete gum for 3 months to deal with the withdraw  pains you are doing great dear!