cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

biscuts

Just getting started...

Hello my name is Josh and I am trying to get started quitting today, I have been smoking for four years and I have decided that  I have alot more reasons to live than to smoke. I have a wife that I am acutally quitting for, she started having some of my cigarettes and it hurts me to see her smoke. I have no intentions of letting myself fail this time. So, wish me luck 😄

0 Kudos
22 Replies
steve146

Hi my name is Steve and I am an OTR truck driver  I have just set my quit date of October 15 and will need all the help I can get.  My email is Makersteve@yahoo.com if you have positive feed back or helpful suggestions for while I am driving

0 Kudos
curlies2008

Hi Steve, Im a former trucker myself used to run the I-5 corridor on the west coast for a bit and most of my years was 48 and Canada, I had 3 strokes and can no longer drive so Ill be any kind of sounding board ya need I know itll be tough but you can do it! get some of those nicorete lozengers they help alot with the cravings and sunflower seeds help to keep the hands busy find a book that ya like too and try and stay away from any truck stops that allow smoking in them cuz it will trigger you for sure...i just stopped today so Im right there with ya ill let ya know whats been working for me as I find out LOL so far deep breaths and lots of water just make sure ya have a big gatoraid bottle in the cab cuz youll be peeing alot!good luck

Curlie

0 Kudos
shysmoker

good luck to you josh, i am in the same boat i have tried many times and have failed but i am determind to mak this work just dont know how well it will go bing i am home alone 90 % of my days 😕 but i am hoping we can do it 🙂

0 Kudos
shysmoker

yea my boyfriend started doing the same thing also it makes me very sad to see him smoke he has even been buy his own pack 😞 i cant stand to see it

0 Kudos
biscuts

Well, we can all do this. Just have to remember the goal 🙂 Shysmoker I am with you I am home alot by myself, I had hurt my arm at work a few years back and just got the okay a month ago to get back to work. I have been spending alot of time playing video games to keep myself busy, I figure its all about staying focused on other things. I will be around so if you need to talk because of an urge feel free to send a message, that goes for anyone reading this. I really want this time to work, so lets all work this out and be done with smoking for good.

0 Kudos
mark88

Been quit for one week now,quit for 24 days earlier,and 80 days before that.hope i can stay stopped.

0 Kudos
staci-smith

Hi Y'all - I'm Staci.. I'm a 44 year old married Mom of 5 year old Ethan. I'm an RN and work in a LTVT ( long term vent unit). I've been smoking atleast a pack a day since I was 13 years old. 2/3's of my life. wow. My mom died at 49 from lung cancer, my dad at 54 from heart attack. Both deceased before I was 25. I'm 44 and my little boy is 5...I don't want to die for the obvious reasons. Have been sick with sinus crap and after coughing up a lung yesterday I put on a nic patch and haven't smoked since. That's 24 hours now. I had some left over wellbutrin in the cabinet and took one about an hour ago, and I haven't tried to stop myself from snacking. I'm happy to offer support to everyone who wants it, and I hope I can count on it from y'all!

0 Kudos
gwen16

Hi my name is Gwen today I am 51 years old. I am the mother of three and a grandmother of 5. I am a longterm tobacco user for over 36 years. I have  quot several times the longest being one year. I'm sometimes delusional thinking that I can quit whenever I want  only to realize that It's not as easy as the thought . Addiction is a powerful thing and I never realized how strong it was until I lost my job about 6 months ago. I could always discipline myself with smoking , I always would leave my cigarettes at home, I didn't smoke on my job or in the car, if I visit I would not smoke in the presence of non-smokers whether it was permitted or not. I dont like the smell of cigarette smoke, I dont like smoking in confined places smoke (stacks). Now its like every thing I start to do I have to light up.

0 Kudos
owlfeather

Hello everyone and Welcome!   Unfortunately, no one hangs out on the Forums, where you are posting.  Up above your avatar (pic) on your page, click on Blogs, and introduce yourself to the community there.  You have all made a wonderful life-saving , life-giving decision, and we encourage everyone to read, read, read, and read some more.  The more education you have regarding your ADDICTION, the higher your success rate will be.  Go to whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.  Then come here to the Blogs for support.  You can do it, there is great numbers of supporters here.  See you at the Blogs!!!!!!!!!!

Owl 

N.O.P.E.  ( Not One Puff Ever)

0 Kudos