cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

marciem

Just a 2020 rant

I need to vent a little, about 2020.  First we (our country) started with hearing "possible pandemic" natterings at the begining.  Then, in early March, we (hubs and I) went on a two-day visit to son and family which turned out a bit contentious (nothing new there).  We get home and there is a note in our door from B-I-L making some wild accusations about hubs... again, nothing new but had to be dealt with mostly thru attorneys.   

A week later my precious Sox, kittyboy, began acting odd for a few days (not eating, not grooming), and it was time for rabies shot anyways, so off to the vet.  Well, turns out he had a large mass in his chest, probable lymphoma but they didn't know, off to another vet and testing, pretty much same thing.  Best option after much vet consultation and heartbreaking soul search agreed to be to ease him out of his discomfort, which was devastating to us.  That was the day before our whole county went on SIP lockdown.

We've been dealing with the lockdown pretty well, except exercise opportunities decreased, also dealing with B-I-L problems and threats as they arose (he barks a lot but has never actually bitten) and trying to get over the passing of our precious family member Kittyboy. 

Now for the last day and a half, we're on evacuation warning from wildfire, friends have already been evacuated.  We're preparing for the worst and hoping for the best since the fire departments are staging right across the highway from us, between us an the fires, but it's still stressful.  LOL, I haven't thought of smoking, but we're choking on smoke anyways, plus ash  .

On the bright side, we're still in our home (for now), for one thing.  A couple of weeks ago I had a follow up on my lung cancer which showed no changes, some resolution of an area that was of concern in February, so all is good there.  Another bright side, as mentioned above, I haven't even thought of smoking.  My children and grandchildren and loved ones are in good health, again a plus.  I guess I could count family members individually to come up with more bright twinkles  .  B-I-L has backed off (for now) so that's good too.

So far, 2020 has been difficult, seems like one big dark cloud until I pull out the pluses   .

37 Replies
beazel

((((Marcie))))

Christine13

I'm so very sorry for all the stress in your life.  You do have a plateful.  I'm sorry for the loss of your kitty and problems with BIL and fires!!!  My daughter may have to evaculate as well.  So glad you haven't smoked!!

marciem

My prayers for your daughter, Christine!!  We're all on edge here, glued to reports and alerts, hoping we don't get told to leave.  With so many on the Central Coast in Ca evacuated, there aren't many places to go if you don't have relatives (we do Praise the Lord!).   Santa Cruz is actually telling visitors to go away (this at the peak of the tourist season) so that they'll have rooms for evacuees.  

Scary stuff.

YoungAtHeart

Scary, indeed.  SO happy you aren't smoking over it, though!

Stay vigilant; stay tough!

Thinking of you!

Nancy

Cousin-Itt

Sorry you have been and still are going thru so much The fire and pandemic on top of it all   I was happy and impressed with the positive that you have listed    Stay Safe and Strong 

Carl

marciem

Thanks Carl.  We're still on "warning" so for now that's a positive, we haven't been ordered to leave.  Other areas that were on warning have been told to go.  Thank you for your words of encouragement!

SuzyQ411

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours marciem‌. Such a plateful of stress, AND, you have remained smoke-free, hooray for you!! ( BTW, I lived in north-central Washington State for 14 years where wild fires are a common summertime force like in California and Oregon.  We were at level 3 one time and as we packed up to leave our land behind, we could see the flames licking over our back hill. It was like living a nightmare. But, by the grace of God, the winds changed at the last minute and we did not have to evacuate after all.) 

hugs. noncopyrighted.jpg

May your life settle down, and soon!!

marciem

Ahhh thank you SuzyQ411‌ ... We've been in this house 30+ years and never seen anything so close.  We've had smokey days from fires further away, but this is new to us.  We too could see flames over the back hill, but learned afterward this was a controlled backburn.   

They keep opening "evacuation centers", places evacuees can go, and then closing them after the center areas are put under evacuation orders ... 

Thanks for the hugs!!

SuzyQ411

Forgot to add this marciem‌ ...my prayers are with you and your family as well!! praying for you.jpg

Jeanmarc19561

Hi Marciem, First, I am sorry you are dealing with so many issues and my condolences on the loss of your cat. That's always a tough call. But I have to say what an inspiration and  a person of strength you are. In the midst of all you are dealing with you still can see the positives in your life. The fact that you are going through all that and still didn't use it as an excuse to smoke would make most excuses many of us have used a bit lame. Praying that things will start looking up for you. John