cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

5Jacks

Just Joined - Hello to All

Glad I found this community! There’s a lot of content here to read and I’m looking forward to digging into it and being on the support team.

I have not smoked for 5 full days now after smoking a pack a day for almost 40 years. I only quit once before many years ago and that lasted about one month.

This time is different. I was finally, and unequivocally, ready to stop. Stop buying, inhaling, obsessing, and thinking about cigarettes.

I’m using the patch and popping one or two lozenges a day. So far, so good. 

The thing I’ve noticed since quitting, that is very surprising to me, is that I have an overwhelming sense of peace. The inner struggle is gone. And peace is happiness. 

Peace be with you.

24 Replies
Giulia

Howdy and Welcome a'board!  What are those colored balls? in the water of your avatar?  Most curious.  Kudos on your five days.  And wise already.  Yes, when we agree wholeheartedly to let go of cigarettes, that inner struggle is over.  It's only when the option to smoke remains alive that we are tormented.  Your attitude will take you far.  Cheers!

0 Kudos
5Jacks

The colored balls were part of the "Color Field" exhibit this summer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, which is a most wonderful museum set in one of the most beautiful natural landscapes to be found in Northwest Arkansas. 

0 Kudos
Giulia

What a neat place!  Just watched some of their Northern Forest Light Exhibit.  Wish I lived closer!

And just walking through their forest...  Crystal Bridges Museum | Garden Tour: P. Allen Smith (Summer 2019) - YouTube 

0 Kudos
5Jacks

Yes, it’s my favorite place in town. There’s always something new and interesting. And, walking the trails during nice weather can’t be beat.

0 Kudos
Swanbird

This place has a ton of support and information.  Welcome and congrats on 5 days and peace to you too!

Julie1960

Good to hear that you have peace. This quit will be a breeze for you.  

Gai.C

Welcome 5Jacks . Sounds like you have a plan. Read everything you can get your hands on.  Drink plenty of cold water. Exercise it helps distract.  Peace with U as well. 

meWisconsin

Welcome. You will find lots of help on this site. Someone is always available if needed.

Keep up the good quit.

Terry

DOF  stands for "days of freedom"

MarilynH

Welcome to the community CONGRATULATIONS on your precious quit journey YAY for each and every Day WON with many more to come hang onto your positive attitude because it'll get through any rough patches that you may come upon and we're all here to help you in any way we can.....

Marz727

Hi! I’m on day 5 today after about 40 years (ugh!) also! Peace!?! Can’t say I feel peace but what a great thing to work on! Goal for the day…find my peace Thanx!