Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
jaclyn2

Today is day 1.....and I feel like I am eating nonstop LOL Well I'd rather deal with an extra ten pounds then a life time of pain from the consequences of smoking! My mom has smoked for over 20 years and was just diagnosed yesterday with lung cancer!! Me smoking now seems INSANE! I have NO God complex...I am not invincible...It is NOT a matter of "IF' a smoker will get COPD/Cancer...it's "WHEN?" The cycle stops TODAY...for me. for my mother, for my children!
0 Kudos
jennifer53

I am on Day 10 and still having the worst time trying to get some normal sleep. I am having the craziest dreams and waking up every 2 hours...ugh talk about being a zombie during the day. Other than that it's going great though : )
0 Kudos

Do you think it would be a good idea to go to your doctor and have a full health check up after you've quit? Especially for things such as lung cancer and throat cancer? I know the sooner you catch these diseases the better. I know that just because I have quit smoking that that does not mean that I haven't already done irreversible damage.
0 Kudos
webslave

Great...hang in there folks
0 Kudos

I am quitting on Monday 06/15/09 I am determined this time.I am getting sick and tired of having something control my life.I am taking my life back and will continue to stay strong with the support from people like you all.Pray for me and keep up the good work yourselves.
0 Kudos

Day 2, I made it through day 1 so I can make it through Day 2. Evenings are the worst for me, but I made it!
0 Kudos
kim18

I already blogged about it but just wanted the "world" to know that I made it through a major personal obstacle last night. I remained smoke free in a place that never failed to suck me in and I found out how much face to face support I had just waiting for me to say the word. 🙂

Keep it up!
0 Kudos

Here I am at the end of day 2, I'm going to make it to day 3, today was rough, but I made it, smoke free.
0 Kudos
mlynne

I just want to thank everyone for posting their progress reports. It really does give support and encouragement to all of us, no matter what stage of quit we're in. I'm also giving a high five to those who are just starting their quit and doing such a great job!
0 Kudos

Day 5. I'm just now starting to feel proud of myself. I'm not out of the woods yet, but 5 days is good to me. Now I'm shooting for another 5.
0 Kudos