Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
jennifer22

My quit day is today, June 1, 2009. I quit before for 1 year, started smoking again, then I tried to quit again late last year. I've got to do this; I'm tired of the smell and cough! Sometimes I wonder if I am strong enough to stay quit. We all have stress and that is my biggest trigger. I am practicing deep breathing - which helps - and starting Pilates. I wish you ALL the best; we are stronger together!!
0 Kudos
lois2

sounds like everyone is on the right road. good luck to all my quit day is6-5-09
0 Kudos
mlynne

Hello, everyone. I'm hoping the old saying "there is strength in numbers" holds true for us June quitters. My quit date is 6-6. I've been taking Wellbutrin for about six weeks and will use the patch. Hubby also is quitting, and is taking Chantix. I too will be chewing lots of gum (and deal with sore jaws for a while). I've typed/printed affirmations so that when I feel the need to reach for a smoke I'll read one of these reminders instead. Mentally, I know I can do this. Emotionally, that's a little tougher and will require more strength. I'm glad I happened upon this web site. I can use all the help I can get!
0 Kudos
lois2

MLynne is the wellbutrin helping you.
0 Kudos
kristy7

Well it was my 1st day today and I really messed up. I slept most of the day just to avoid the cravings. I ended up smoking 5 cigs today. I am so disappointed. My husband wore a patch and took off work 2nite to help me and then I smoked anyway! We got in a fight about it and I have just felt sick. I have generalized anxiety disorder and i felt like i was having a panic attack when the cravings came. how am i gonna do this? I am gonna try again 2morrow. I don't know why i didn't use the patches i bought! Maybe i am not ready.
0 Kudos
jennifer53

I am officiallly on day 2. Yesterday was not as bad as I thought but I think today is going to be worse. The first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up was a cigarette. Yesterday the cravings were not as strong. This is my first time trying to quit...they say it usually takes more than once, now I understand why!
0 Kudos
tinker

Day 2 for me. Doing well so far, aside from the occasional pangs of withdrawal. I just keep reminding myself how amazing it is to be free! Marlboro does not own me anymore- WOO HOO!
0 Kudos

go tinker!!!! day 2 for me too. I am okay. did not sleep good last night. Marlboro does not own me either 🙂
0 Kudos

For all you Chantix people. BE CAREFUL. I tried to quit 6 months ago using chantix and after 6 weeks of taking the pills, I got suicidal. Monitor your mood.
0 Kudos

In June 1st I quit (I have never tryied to quit before), I am commited and ready to start a life without tabacco, I will face cravings and nervous, I am sure about that, I am not afraid because I still believe in my will. and I will overcome whatever agains my health.
  I am taking "Smoke Deter" lets see how it works...
  Good luck to all.
0 Kudos