Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

June Quitters

yea!!!!!!!!!!we got featured!!!!!!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
525 Replies
penny-lane.

Hi, I'm new to this website, I quit June 14th, and I'm on day three. I'm using the patch and feeling great. Today was a little hard, I had smoking dreams, and this morning I went into the corner store to buy gum when the cashier already had my ciggarates waiting for me on the counter, I had to tell him no..
0 Kudos
lois2

SOUNDS like every one is doing good keep it up. welcome to all the new ones.
0 Kudos

LOL, that's funny Nicole. When I walk into the C-store they ask, "what no cigarettes"? Congratulations on your decision to quit.
0 Kudos
fityoganana

MLynne, so well written! Much of what you wrote really hit home with me! It has stolen so much from me uncluding my self esteem! I have hidden my smoking since I started again 9 yrs ago! It made me feel like a villian, a bad mother, a bad friend and certainly a BAD Fitness Instuctor!! It has stolen time from me, from my family and friends. Time that could have been spent with my friends and family or making new friends rather then having the addiction pulling to my back yard to sneak another! Yes, I have been BURNED by this old flame!
  Thank you again for your wise words!
0 Kudos
kim18

I made it to the double digits! 🙂
0 Kudos
joe-williams

June 7th at 1:00 p.m.was my time to quit. No cheating either. I got this!!!!
0 Kudos

Way to go Joe, and thanks for the story MLynne, it is so true. I passed my 1 week and going strong, I am thinking about cigarettes less and less, and when I smell them on other people, it really is unattractive.
0 Kudos
mlynne

Thanks fity and Julie. I think from now on I'm going to refer to the old flame as Winston the Loser...who just lost his sugar mama! LOL!
0 Kudos
christine12

Hello everyone. Love that story MLynne, day 11 for me and I am feeling outstanding. I just throw away the patch and I am on my own now. I throw out my old flame and he can stay out. What a smell! Keep up the good work everyone we have made it through the tough part, taking one day at a time and liking it without smoke.
0 Kudos
celeste-faris

I'm coming up on my quit date - Wednesday, the 24th will be my first day without cigarettes. I'm looking forward to it. I am so sick of smoking, so sick of wasting my money, so sick of being embarrassed by the majority that don't smoke, so sick of those ugly "No Smoking" signs, so sick of being unwanted as long as I smoke, sick of my stinky clothes, sick of my stinky home, sick of my stinky car, sick of the nasty taste, sick of the smell of the ashtray each time I empty it, sick of being lashed to an invisible albatross, and just plain sick of being short of breath all the time.

I don't know what my first day without cigarettes will be like. I expect varying feelings of fear, dread, anxiety, worry, relief, victory, serenity, and a new-found sense of self-respect. I am worried. And I'm looking forward to that day.

I've done all the steps on this website and others and followed all the suggestions. But one question remains: Do I want to quit bad enough to stay quit?
0 Kudos