Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

June 2021: Welcome new members!

There are always new members joining the community.  A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Come back to the community.
  3. Look at your profile (round avatar image in upper right then choose My Profile) and confirm your correct date is showing.
EX Community Admin Team
25 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stop by Welcome: Introduce Yourself! 

If you're mentioned at end of this paragraph, please check out  my post to set a quit date, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your days quit in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture  get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. 
@rainy33 @LadyDiSB @VikaL @juliefolk423 @ckapsa135 @MsMae81 @Carey3434 @dylansyd1991 @ThaBossss9 @Martae64 @esl767891 @Brown25071 @darinsharp18 @Joemichael1980 @8591268e @718oceanblue @Cchriistinee @cleste2 @Ndjoynes @Neiltate @hlopez34 @popechop @Imustquitnow 

Those mentioned at the end of this paragraph have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post to update it. @Colorful_life @clhodge1 @ganddwagner2016 @18Henderson @sumsum77 @Dmkeys35 @Hellchild2005 @Chloeneon @Safeit2022 @meaganrward @Zd49103 @Ambelica @Evelyn123456789 @Cman1147 @MinxLpn100 @Cmarsch @Nicolelamarch @Aprilbethm @baygee218 @Needcoffee1 @Bryna_Hull @Savelives9229 @cwelsch @Mp1983 @pstarcher1962 @Pansyds @torigomez @sherylr47 @CarmenCollins @Sstatler @kfitzgerald7882 @Tiffany3289 @88cmoore2000 @NaomiBitter @brucedog012 @Jkcnpc @Tmwh1983 @kirkulator @williamstaraj @Tchimbala02 @meghan14 @Soutas @Lilylove33 @Zorton321 @KLPrevo @IANDERSON8 @Keegers @EGonzalez501 @egy3 @mmologne33 @KnightMere @Chandradyson83 @Gcompt4Jmatt @Lolacarpenter29 @LAURIE1922 @gravesideglitz 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Those mentioned at the end of this paragraph have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post to update it. @IWillQuit123 @mdillman @Kluless1 @Big84whit @LoveLauren18 @vandeeje @mevitch14 @Jqueen617 @Rs01 @Exoticsociety @cmccoy35 @Steph120866 @Jess990 @Paul_NYC @Jeromejerome25 @Angelize12 @Gigglefoot @Rexchloe123 @Angel1170 @Mensmicah @Vix7227 @Cxhx85 @KatherineG72 @brettonstott1 @Liz742 @Figuringitout @ahorton0022 @Lsuzannespence @Ashmel2115 @JodiAnn22 @debib66 @Muddie @Darekjakeebner @Tiffanycolley @Maryjones71959 @21chickens @Kanoso32 @izod69 @AVC2021 @m2424 @GennyRushing @chadmalcom68 @Xxfrosty611xx @Jrenick28 @Theresalee1 @wwsson @Cumulo @souplessman @JK246 @Kilsey04 @Katrndisabled @deshaunxlew @ap_j8 @channygirl28 @Stop10breath @hello1212 @elwoodblues @Cristinjoy @frankitsch @cassioregan @Risha707 @phillipcloud126 @TuttiFruitti @chyelizabeth @Lillorie56 @Brnt4ner @mothermayhem @Bambam6688 @AONCO84 

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button when on EX Plan to webchat with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you. 
@18Henderson @LadyDiSB @VikaL @Evelyn123456789 @ckapsa135 @Cmarsch @Needcoffee1 @Bryna_Hull @dylansyd1991 @kirkulator @Brown25071 @Kluless1 @Big84whit  @brettonstott1 @JodiAnn22 @Ckmoraghan @chadmalcom68 @Stop10breath @Brnt4ner  @AONCO84 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Chloeneon

I’ve been trying to quit for a couple weeks now. I was doing very well but today for some reason I have messed up a lot. I know that I have made progress but it is difficult to not beat myself up. For me, it is the juul vape which I believe is worse for you than regular smoking. I’ve used it at least six times today.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chloeneon wrote:

I’ve been trying to quit for a couple weeks now. I was doing very well but today for some reason I have messed up a lot. I know that I have made progress but it is difficult to not beat myself up. For me, it is the juul vape which I believe is worse for you than regular smoking. I’ve used it at least six times today.

Before you vape, come here and read.  Distract yourself and perhaps you can get through the craving without the need to vape.  There is a lot of great posts here on the community that can help you.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @Chloeneon   This isn't easy, so don't beat yourself up.  Nicotine is a very strong addiction.   I hope you've been reading material on the site.  Understanding how this addiction works and having a plan in place with the tools you'll use and the new associations you'll create instead of vaping can help with your quit.    Every time you vape again, you're keep reintroducing nicotine so you have to go through withdrawal over and over again.   

I've never vaped, but from quitters on the site, it does sound likes it's harder to quit.  Part of that, is probably that it's easier to do everywhere.  When you're smoking, you have to wait to find a place to get your fix.  

Start your journey and stay close to the Ex for support.  You can reach out anytime you need help or want to share your experience. We're here for you and want to share in your success.

Barb

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Chloeneon  How is it going?

Barb

0 Kudos
Rs01

I am also trying to quit vaping. When I used to smoke cigarettes I could go hours without. But vape I use all day long and feel worse when I can’t use it than I felt without a cigarette. I hate it and I have to keep trying. It’s too easy to use. 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned at end of this paragraph, please check out  my post to set a quit date, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your days quit in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture  get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey.  @mckona 

Those mentioned at the end of this paragraph have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post to update it. @Scornel2 @amymarsalis @Leapandsons @ivyloftus @ColoradoGal @Ahz21 @lilapayton @Nakima @Kingbui 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're mentioned at end of this paragraph, please check out  my post to set a quit date, it's not currently showing on the community so that's part of the reason I'm mentioning you! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and so you can look at your days quit in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture  get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey. @AndrewHeller @shampoogirl81 @Rami99 @ECantrell20 @jefflewis 

Those mentioned at the end of this paragraph have a quit date. Look at your profile to ensure it is the correct one. Otherwise you'll need to follow directions in my post to update it. @amohamm @smokingisbadkay @Candyshell4 @Freelife9229 @Janet5 @Big_Dipper @haemarthyme @krn_mck @Heartshine @Kim122016 @Gert1012 @Johnkh5291961 @Donenow9229 @Omar4422 @Smokefreein3mnt @tla0222 @Jaylane0752 @amandajustine @123JerryP456 @Dmaffs @DeckG13 @GottaQuitBefore @lisawebb252 @Blundysack @Msheeley14 @MargieV @Goader @Stb @Angiekay111 @Ndesoto @AprilJune111975 @Ciggygirl21 @Mari0614 @DianaNRowe @Matthewsantosba @Jackson70025 @Hpangratis56 @mjt12351 @Monster222 @elevendays @clements1030 @dmparket2317 @Jratdi @Allie_18 @Bjochen8 @Will195914 @Jad139 @TGMondy1215 @bog704 @Cheezgoblin @LokiJones @KarenpRN  @heidimarie19 @hooybokm @Ashleyboteler10 @craigwalrus @Briannamariexo @BenSchwellin @bnny @Lparks03 

For those mentioned below, be sure you log on to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX for your checklist of tasks, especially to find the orange EX Coach chat button when on EX Plan to webchat with an EX Coach and also get more information to see if Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to you.  @amohamm @smokingisbadkay @Johnkh5291961 @Jratdi @Ndesoto @DianaNRowe @KarenpRN 

@Janet5 @jefflewis  Looks like you joined a bit ago and are new to the community. Glad you're here with us now!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos