Give and get support around quitting

hollu

July Quitters

Decided not to wait on July...I quit!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
372 Replies
lolo1019

Hello Everyone! I quit on July 26th. I am almost at my 2 week milestone!

0 Kudos
pthurston1

My planned quit date is July 1st. Gonna do it this time!

0 Kudos

Yay!  More people for July 1!

0 Kudos
catwoman25

My planned quit date is July 8th. Going to do it this time.

0 Kudos
southie

My planned date is July 11th.

I can't find this on the website:

Beat Your Smoking Triggers

What Does It Mean to Separate from Your Triggers?

Now that you’ve got some ideas on how to separate your smoking triggers from cigarettes, it’s time to actually practice doing it before you quit for good.

I haven't found anything that tells me how to beat my triggers???

0 Kudos

Glad to see new faces!  I'm a newbie here, too, so don't think *I* can lead you around!  lol  It's really important to get to the blogs...that's where the EXperts (people with long quits and with a history of helping others) will find you.  They know much more than me.
I've found that by practicing using the site, I'm finding my way...slowly, but surely. 
There are lists of ideas for controlling triggers out there, but the tool on this site lets you set your OWN lists of ideas to beat specific triggers.  For instance, I smoke outdoors with my laptop, and that's one of the times I'm going to have to deal with.  I will only be logging on indoors, after July 1st.  I think it's really about changing patterns...you learned to smoke while you do other things when you first started...now you just have to relearn doing them without the cigarettes!  : )

0 Kudos
irishlady52

My quit date is July 3rd.  Will shine a new light on Independence Day....

0 Kudos
jewels18

July 1st! 🙂

0 Kudos
angalon127

July 8th is my quit date.  Gotta be strong this time!!

0 Kudos
scott-dunn

I am quiting on July 3rd for good.  I am ready to feel healthy and get in shape!  I am really scared at the same time that I will not be successful!

0 Kudos