hollu

July Quitters

Decided not to wait on July...I quit!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
372 Replies
tardifgirl3

Good morning,

I pledge to be smoke free for the next 24 hours!

0 Kudos
lfreddie35

SHOULD I MOVE MY QUIT DATE??

Question for ya'll: I've been notified by my company that I'll be piloting a new software program. There'll be lots of training and then trial-and-error and learning. It'll be slow going and frustrating and quite different than my regular work duties. It's ALSO my quit day. Your opinion: Should I move my quit day back a few days or hope for the best?

0 Kudos
lfreddie35

Nine days left before my quit date. I must be really sick of the smoking game because in the last 2 days, I've hardly had any desire to smoke. I'll light up anyways but then put it out after a few drags because it's just not doing it for me. What a wonderful thing! I spent the last couple weeks in a panic, smoking more than usual before I HAVE TO stop, but yesterday and today, I'm smoking less just because I don't feel like it. I might quit before my quit date. Wouldn't that be great?

0 Kudos
WLFSRFAMILY

I FELT THE SAME WAY YOU HAVE AND STARTED SMOKING MORE THE CLOSER MY DATE GOT. THAT IS WHY I KNEW THE 26TH I HAD TO QUIT. SEEMED LIKE MY FIRST DAY WAS ROUGHER THEN I REMEMBERED MY OTHER FIRST DAYS. I AM 2 AND A HALF DAYS SMOKE FREE RIGHT NOW AND READY TO MAKE IT MORE

0 Kudos
WLFSRFAMILY

HOW MANY JULY QUITTERS ARE GOING STRONG STILL?

0 Kudos
yakfloater

Had my LAST cig on july 14th!!! I'll be turning 55 at the end of this month and have been promising myself that I'd be a non smoker by then. It has been years since my last attempt at quitting and all I can remember is how great it felt not to be a smoker, even if it was only for a few months. I am going to keep reminding myself of the freedom I felt not being handcuffed by such a bad habit  and use that to keep myself smoke free this time. Good luck to ALL

0 Kudos
Lisa1030

Today marks 4 weeks of being  non smoker.... Time to celebrate a month...

Oh yes, there are times the urge starts.....builds....I think I want to have a cigarette... but then I remember my self promise and that I have to use one of those nicotine lozenge that I hate can't stand and I know its not worth it to have to use one of those-- then walk one mile one way to the store to buy a pack and then walk back  Ok o I am to lazy to walk that far... so I let the urge ride and find a distraction for a few minutes and the urge goes somewhere  don't relly care where the urges go...

W are doing this  we are non smokers the best quitters ever.. Yea a of US!

0 Kudos
Lisa1030

I have found that this information makes me continue my comittment to quit!!

What's in Cigarettes?

Burning tobacco produces about 4,000 chemical compounds, many of them harmful to the human body.

A short list includes the following:

•   Arsenic (poison)
  •   Ammonia (used in household cleaning products)
  •   Acetone (fingernail polish remover)
  •   Carbon monoxide (car exhaust fumes)
  •   Cyanide (poison, deadly in large doses)
  •   Formaldehyde (embalming fluid)
  •   Methanol (rocket fuel)
  •   Toluene (industrial solvent)

Other chemicals found in cigarette smoke are used to kill insects and found in toilet cleaners, mothballs, barbecue lighter fluid and cigarette lighter fluid.

0 Kudos
Lisa1030

Here is is August...how is everyone doing with their July quitting dates? Staying strong? Need fresh ideas to stay stopped?

What is working for you? What is motivating yo? How are your supporters helping you?

What are you doing to get over those cravings and urges?

Reward Yourself!

It is important to find ways to reward yourself when you quit. Rewarding yourself helps you to stay strong in the future. You deserve to pat yourself on the back for each day you have refused to smoke!

Write down four ways you can reward yourself while you are quitting.

Examples of possible rewards:

•   Buy flowers or a plant to enjoy the fresh smell.
  •   Have some frozen yogurt or low-calorie treat.
  •   Watch a movie.
  •   Ask for a back rub.
  •   Go out to dinner with a loved one.
  •   Listen to your favorite music.
  •   Do a favorite fun activity.
  •   Go for a walk or bike ride.
  •   Call or visit a friend.
  •   Play a game.
0 Kudos
laura132

Hi Everyone. I've started my second quit. I am 9 days into this and I'm ready to offer support and share my previous quitting experience. I previously quit on 7-4-2011. I stayed strong for over 600 days . I misplaced my strength and determination after I had several rapid-fire personal difficulties and  I allowed the addict in me  to take over! IM BACK and IM STRONG!

0 Kudos